Dr. Li Yang is an associate whose practice focuses on the preparation of domestic and international patent applications with concentration in the areas of semiconductors and telecommunications.
Prior to his legal career, Li worked for one of world’s leading semiconductor companies for seven years as an integrated circuit (IC) design lead. He has a diverse set of knowledge in the electronics field spanning into semiconductor fabrication, IC design, IC packaging and testing, radio frequency and microwave circuits, and consumer electronics. Li is a co-author of two published academic books and holds two issued U.S. patents.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court, 2019-2020
- Dallas Bar Association, student member
- Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (APALSA), member
- IEEE International Microwave Symposium Technical Paper Review Committee member
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society TC-24 RFID Committee member
B.S., Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2020, cum laude, Dean's List 2019-2020, Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi
M.S., Electronic Engineering, Tsinghua University
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office