State and Local Procurement/Cooperative Purchasing
Haynes Boone represents clients before municipal, local, state, and interstate consortia in obtaining state and local procurement contracts while analyzing solicitations and determining contract requirements and potential risk, as well as identifying procurement integrity and corporate compliance requirements. We represent clients at bid openings, attend and advise them at agency debriefings, and advocate for disappointed bidders through bid protests.
Our attorneys advise a broad range of clients in resolving disputes involving state and local government contracts. We are proficient in arbitration, mediation, contract administration, claims and disputes before numerous state, municipal, and other local entities. Our lawyers have published articles covering a variety of state and local procurement subjects, including authoring chapters in such publications as the Public Assembly Facility Law and the ABA’s Guide to State Procurement: A 50 State Primer on Purchasing Laws, Processes and Procedures, a reference manual containing a summary of purchasing laws and processes for all 50 States.
Haynes Boone’s engagements on state and local procurement matters include:
- arbitration and mediation
- reviewing draft and final versions of solicitations
- drafting pre- and post-solicitation bidder questions
- assisting prospective bidders or offerors in understanding and addressing the terms of the solicitation
- identifying and complying with relevant statutes and regulations (particularly in the area of procurement integrity)
- participating in agency debriefings
- attending bid openings
- representing parties in bid protests