Partner Nick Hoffman presented on a panel entitled "Loan Structuring in the Mezzanine Market: Trends and Challenges" at the iGlobal Mezzanine Finance Summit on May 7, 2019, in New York.
The presentation covered:
- Examples of current loan structures
- Where is the use of preferred equity in lieu of mezzanine debt required?
- The key concerns that the subordinate capital provider must consider with respect to such preferred equity investment
- What are the key proprieties of lenders whilst structuring loans?
- The latest developments with non-recourse guarantee loans
- The most important negotiation points between senior/mezzanine lenders and structuring inter-creditor agreements
- What are the required returns for mezzanine lenders on non-cash flowing assets
See the organization's website for more information.