Rick Anigian is a trial lawyer and served as Department Chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group from 2015 through 2019. Rick has become a trusted business advisor by providing practical and efficient counseling and advice to implement clients’ business strategies while solving their complex business disputes. Rick has led teams in significant matters before federal, state and bankruptcy trial and appellate courts in Texas and throughout the country.
Rick concentrates his practice on a wide variety of complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts, as well as arbitral proceedings. Rick has extensive experience in commercial and financial transactions litigation, real estate and oil and gas disputes, has handled complex disputes among partners and business owners, as well as a wide range of business torts litigation. Rick also has significant experience in the area of technology litigation, including theft of trade secrets and non-competition disputes. Rick has passed all sections of the examination to become a Certified Public Accountant and routinely relies upon these skills in the matters he handles.
Rick is very active in the community in a wide range of activities including public education, the assistance of at risk children and their families, and youth sports.
- Defended major lender in multi-billion dollar lender liability and business torts action involving multiple billion dollar syndicated credit facilities.
- Defended start-up company and its founder involving claims of theft of trade secrets and violation of non-competition agreements.
- Defended various patent and trademark infringement cases involving treadmills and other exercise equipment.
- Defended and prosecuted breach of contract and breach of warranty claims involving software licenses and consulting services.
- Defended breach of warranty and deceptive trade practices class action dispute involving notebook computers.
- Represented an Asian computer manufacturer in multiple disputes involving product warranties, business torts and deceptive trade practice claims.
- Defended national real estate developer in dispute with partner involving the development of a regional shopping mall.
- Handled multi-jurisdictional disputes involving claims of breach of warranty, deceptive trade practices and other business torts.
- Defended partnership and its founding partners in dispute with minority partner involving fiduciary duty and fraud claims.
- Represented U.S. manufacturer in dispute with Australian dealer regarding termination of dealership.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous financial institutions in claims involving loans and other credit facilities.
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- SMU Alumni Association
- SMU Lettermen's Association
- Salesmanship Club of Dallas
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Commercial Litigation, 2012-2022
- Recognized in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, for Business Litigation, 2005, 2007-2013, 2016; Intellectual Property Litigation, 2013, 2016
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory with a Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1985
B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1982
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
U.S. Tax Court
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]