Adrian Azer exclusively represents corporate policyholders in a variety of complex insurance coverage matters. Clients seek Adrian’s representation in connection with insurance recovery for cybersecurity breaches and mass tort claims, disputes over general liability coverage for various toxic tort and environmental claims, and disputes over directors and officers’ coverage. Adrian also counsels clients in bankers professional liability (BPL) matters.
Adrian has represented public and private companies, non-profit entities, and government contractors, and has litigated against insurers in state and federal courts across the nation and in various arbitration tribunals. Having worked as a bankruptcy litigator for seven years, he has particular skill navigating insurance issues within the context of a bankruptcy proceeding. Adrian is representing the Boy Scouts of America in connection with insurance coverage for claims of alleged sexual abuse.
Adrian is frequently called upon to write about insurance topics, including but not limited to a number of articles about issues related to COVID-19. Adrian’s articles on cyber insurance have been published in Inside Counsel magazine and in Law360.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in massive litigation, against nearly 60 insurance companies, over coverage for hundreds of thousands of asbestos-related and silica-related bodily injury claims. The case, which involved a dispute over hundreds of millions of dollars in coverage, resulted in numerous favorable rulings for the client.
- Represented Fortune 100 company in environmental insurance coverage litigation in multiple jurisdictions, obtaining several favorable rulings.
- Represented non-profit entity in pursuing D&O coverage for a government investigation, with the litigation resolving in a favorable settlement for the non-profit entity.
- Represented a broker dealer in pursuing D&O coverage for numerous third-party claims, where the insurer agreed to pay on-going defense costs.
- Represented a “start-up” business in placing its insurance coverage program.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in addressing its rights under various COLI policies.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2003, magna cum laude
B.A., Emory University, 2000, with honors
District of Columbia
Partner Adrian Azer, Counsel Michael Scanlon, and Associate Andrew Van Osselaer authored an article in Law360. Read an excerpt below: One of the most significant concerns for many businesses is their potential exposure to liabilities related to per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS, and that concern appears to be well-founded. For example, Joshua Kaul, the attorney general of Wisconsin, r [...]