Dominique Baldwin is an associate in the Labor and Employment and Litigation Practice Groups in the Houston office of Haynes Boone.
Her practice focuses on litigating employment, commercial, and environmental matters in state and federal courts. Dominique leverages her written and analytical skills to provide guidance on employment matters including OSHA compliance, retaliation claims, reasonable accommodation and wrongful discharge disputes. Dominique has experience disputing OSHA citations, providing health and safety compliance advice, and defending clients against State Plan OSHA violations. Dominique also has experience in a variety of complex commercial disputes including toxic tort litigation and environmental contamination disputes.
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- "DOL Proposes New Rule to Increase Overtime Salary Threshold,” author, Labor and Employment Alert, September 6, 2023.
- “OSHA Toolbox Tuesdays Webinar Series,” presenter, September 12, 2023.
- "OSHA Announces Expansion of Submission Requirements for Injury and Illness Data for High-Hazard Industries,” author, OSHA Client Update, August 3, 2023.
- “Sticky Employee Leave Issues,” presenter, Employment Law Updates, Houston, TX, April 27, 2023.
J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2021
B.A., University of Texas at San Antonio, 2017, Dean's List
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
On August 30, 2023 the Department of Labor (DOL) announced a proposed rule to increase the Fair Labor Standards Act’s (FLSA’s) annual salary-level threshold for the executive, administrative, and professional overtime exemptions (commonly referred to as the “white-collar” exemptions). The current salary threshold for the white-collar exemptions is $684 per week, roughly $35,568 per year. The propo [...]