Darwin J. Bruce has extensive domestic and international experience in media and entertainment transactions, business organization, strategic planning, operations, and mergers and acquisitions. His practice focuses on media and entertainment transactions, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions transactions, finance, and real estate transactions. Darwin has been featured in D CEO Magazine in a profile about lead executives operating non-profit companies. His publications include the book “The Map to Entrepreneurship.”
Darwin has experience in all phases of business organization and management. He has handled several high stakes corporate and finance transactions in a broad range of industries, including media and entertainment, finance, technology, consumer goods, and real estate. He works with entrepreneurs, business executives, and other leaders in their quest to manage all matters affecting corporate structure, strategic planning, and operations of their organizations. He has been a guest speaker at events in the United States and abroad.
Darwin has served as the chief operating officer and general counsel for T.D.J. Business Affairs where he was responsible for managing all business operations for the organization and its affiliated entities. He handled a wide variety of transactions in the media and entertainment industry. He has also served as senior vice president and general counsel for a private equity company. Darwin provided management oversight for companies in the private equity portfolio and handled all mergers and acquisitions. He handled complex financial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities matters, employee relations, general commercial transactions, and other related business matters.
- Executive Board of Directors, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Board of Directors, Better Business Bureau of North Central Texas
- Advisory Board of Directors, Salvation Army of North Texas
- Recognized by the Dallas Business Journal, American City Business Journals, as a “40 under 40” honoree, which recognizes the top 40 business executives and entrepreneurs under the age of 40 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, 2010.
- Recipient of a Distinguished Alumni Award from SMU Dedman School of Law, 2009.
- Featured in the October 2010 issue of DCEO Magazine, D Magazine Partners, in a profile about lead executives operating non-profit businesses.
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Leadership Dallas 2020, Dallas Regional Chamber
B.A., Texas A&M University, 1993, President's Achievement Award
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1995
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Welcome to the 2020 - 2021 edition of the Haynes Boone Media and Entertainment Law Year in Review. The Media and Entertainment Practice Group of Haynes and Boone, LLP represents a broad range of clients in all facets of media and entertainment, intellectual property, open government and First Amendment litigation, counseling and legislative matters. We are proud to provide a summary of our accompl [...]