Kelly Bufton is a senior counsel in the Real Estate Practice Group in the Chicago office of Haynes and Boone.
He has represented clients on both sides of every kind of transaction in the real estate industry. He has represented landlords and tenants, sellers and buyers, lenders and borrowers, and developers and investors.
Kelly’s practice focuses on all types of real estate transactions, including development projects, finance transactions (on behalf of lenders and borrowers), acquisitions and dispositions, joint venture agreements, and leases, among other matters.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White Inc., 2013-2020 and 2022
- Represented a senior housing developer in obtaining investor and loan financing for two senior housing developments, each in excess of $20 million.
- Represented three residential properties in the master leasing of large blocks of rooms to short-term stay operators.
- Represented an industrial developer in the leasing of four warehouses of million-plus square feet each to a major internet retailer.
- Represented two office clients in the leasing of multifloor premises in Willis Tower. Represented a public pension fund in the sale of a multiproperty retail portfolio.
- Pension Real Estate Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity (board of directors, volunteer, pro bono counsel, 2008-2014)
- Community Presbyterian Church of Clarendon Hills, board of elders
B.A., Stanford University
J.D., University of Chicago Law School
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]