Troy Christensen is co-chair of the Real Estate Practice Group at Haynes Boone. He regularly advises clients in connection with the formation of private equity funds, real estate funds, and fund of funds, and investments in such vehicles. Troy has extensive experience representing real estate developers and institutional investors in structuring, negotiating, and documenting limited liability companies, partnerships, and other business entities.
Troy has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Representing real estate company sponsors in the formation of private equity funds focused on investments in domestic and international real estate.
- Representing institutional investors in numerous co-investment transactions.
- Representing fund sponsors in the formation of numerous commingled funds and funds-of-one.
- Representing institutional real estate investors and developers in joint ventures to construct and operate industrial, office, mixed-use, multi-family, and retail developments.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Woodward/White, Inc., for Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- "Federal Taxation of Series Limited Liability Companies," co-author, The Texas Tax Lawyer, State Bar of Texas Tax Section, Vol. 38, No. 2, Winter 2011.
- "IRS Guidance on Series Limited Liability Companies," co-author, Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, Vol. 36, No. 1, January 2011.
- Co-contributor to chapter on Cleantech Financing in legal treatise Energy Law and Transactions, 2009.
J.D., Tulane University, 2005, magna cum laude
B.S., Accountancy, Brigham Young University, 2001
INTRODUCTION During an unprecedented survey period defined by disruption, uncertainty, and adaptation, Texas courts remained committed to precedent. Despite necessary adjustments to court procedure in connection with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Texas judiciary continued to issue decisions that emphasize freedom of contract, the importance of maintaining good standing with the Texas Secretar [...]