Troy Christensen is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. He regularly advises clients in connection with the formation of private equity funds, real estate funds, and fund of funds, and investments in such vehicles. Troy has extensive experience representing real estate developers and institutional investors in structuring, negotiating, and documenting limited liability companies, partnerships, and other business entities.
Troy has experience in a variety of transactions including:
- Representing real estate company sponsors in the formation of private equity funds focused on investments in domestic and international real estate.
- Representing institutional investors in numerous co-investment transactions.
- Representing fund sponsors in the formation of numerous commingled funds and funds-of-one.
- Representing institutional real estate investors and developers in joint ventures to construct and operate industrial, office, mixed-use, multi-family, and retail developments.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Woodward/White, Inc., for Real Estate Law, 2021-2022
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- "Federal Taxation of Series Limited Liability Companies," co-author, The Texas Tax Lawyer, State Bar of Texas Tax Section, Vol. 38, No. 2, Winter 2011.
- "IRS Guidance on Series Limited Liability Companies," co-author, Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, Vol. 36, No. 1, January 2011.
- Co-contributor to chapter on Cleantech Financing in legal treatise Energy Law and Transactions, 2009.
J.D., Tulane University, 2005, magna cum laude
B.S., Accountancy, Brigham Young University, 2001
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]