Catherine Cope is a corporate associate in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice is focused on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and other business and commercial transactions. Specifically, Catherine has experience representing corporate and private equity buyers and sellers in structuring, negotiating, documenting, and closing acquisitions and dispositions, as well as assisting corporate clients with complex commercial agreements and related arrangements.
Professional and Community Activities
- Volunteer Advocate, Dallas Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- Represented Parker Products, a leading provider of custom inclusions, flavor systems, and other specialty ingredients, in the partial equity sale to The Riverside Company.
- Represented Wingate Partners in its acquisition of Binswanger Glass, a seller and installer of glass and glass-related products for commercial, residential and automotive use.
- Represented the owners of a background screening provider in the sale of a minority interest in the company.
- Represented Rmax Operating, LLC, a subsidiary of Hart Group, Inc. and leading provider of polyiso insulation technology, in the equity sale to Sika Corporation.
- Represented Dunn Paper, Inc., a portfolio company of Wingate Partners and leading supplier of high-performance, advanced paper materials for niche consumer markets, in the stock sale to Arbor Investments.
- Represented Heritage Bag Company, a Texas-based manufacturer of plastic can liners and other packaging products, in the securities sale to Novolex Holdings, Inc.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023
B.B.A., Finance and Economics, Baylor University, 2012, magna cum laude; Business Fellow; Honors Program Scholar with Distinction
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, SMU Law Review Association; William L. Hutchison Scholarship Recipient
Judicial Extern to the Honorable Reed O'Connor, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, August-November 2013
Seventy-five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are included in the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” directory this month. The Ones to Watch distinction is given to attorneys early in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the U.S. Nominated by peers in the industry, Ones to Watch recipients have been in practice for five to nine years. The fol [...]