Mina-Marie Doherty is an associate in the Investment Management Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s London office.
Her practice focuses on advising established and emerging managers as well as CVCs on structuring and launching venture capital funds (onshore and offshore), as well as advising them on an ongoing basis including providing support on investments into, and divestments of, investments in portfolio companies; as well as advising venture capital funds, management teams and strategic buyers in relation to early-stage minority investing and the protections required in the context of a venture transaction.
She also advises founders and entrepreneurs from all sectors, including fintech, biotech, consumer internet, as well as those running innovative web-enabled service companies on financing rounds and general corporate matters as their start-up businesses grow.
- Launch of €250m Luxembourg-domiciled fund comprising a Japanese-Baltic joint venture.
- Launch of Octopus Ventures’ £10m pre-seed fund investing in B2B software, fintech and health start-ups.
- Launch of 4BIO Capital’s $100 life sciences fund and ongoing assistance in relation to scaling-up of investment strategy through strategic partnerships and legal arrangements.
- Launch of Counteract Ventures’ £35m EU Article 9 SFDR carbon-neutral fund, from initial structuring and warehousing of investments to close.
- Advising health tech company on its $38m Series B round, led by US institutional investor.
- Advising data-driven estate agency platform company on its £4.5m Seed round, comprising equity and debt, led by VCT fund.
- Advising Paris-based European VC fund on lead role in $15m Series A round.
Some of these representations were handled by Mina-Marie prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- The Engine Room, Lead: a networking organisation for associates / analysts in the alternative assets industry.
- Level 20, Member: a not-for-profit organisation focused on diversity in the private equity industry.
Legal Practice Course, University of Law, 2019
LL.B. (Hons.), Durham University, 2017
England and Wales
Haynes and Boone, LLP has enhanced its ability to serve clients across the venture capital spectrum by adding 11 London and Belfast-based professionals, headed by Partners Karma Samdup, Andrew Pannell and Ronan McCann, to its Investment Management Practice. “We are thrilled to add these lawyers and to further expand our private equity, venture capital and investment management capabilities,” said [...]