Scott Drablos' practice focuses on legal and tax issues related to business and investment activities of both companies and individuals. In particular, he has a great deal of experience in representing clients in structuring and negotiating complex joint venture transactions. Scott often assists clients with entity formation and operations, complicated partnership agreements and limited liability company agreements, real estate transactions, tax planning (domestic and international), acquisitions, mergers, financing arrangements, restructurings and dispositions. Scott is also recognized by Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, 2011-2014 and 2022; The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., in Real Estate Law, 2014-2023, and Tax Law, 2015-2023; recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year” in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023; D Magazine's Best Lawyers of Dallas, D Magazine Partners, 2015-2016, 2019, 2022; and as a Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, in Business/Corporate, Tax and Real Estate, 2011. Scott is AV Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Purchase and sale of a controlling interest in the Dallas Mavericks basketball team.
- The development, construction, and financing of the $435,000,000 American Airlines Center, the multi-purpose sports and entertainment facility located in Dallas, Texas.
- The acquisition and development of the Victory project, a master-planned, mixed-use development surrounding the American Airlines Center.
- Purchase and sale of various operating companies.
- Sale of portfolio of 41 industrial, office, and retail properties in Tarrant and Denton Counties in Texas.
- Formation of a joint venture in Abu Dhabi to acquire and develop real estate.
- Formation of partnerships to acquire and develop numerous real estate projects, including: Large portfolio of properties located in Texas, California and Pennsylvania; Large portfolio of properties and development rights in Texas, California and Mississippi; 785-acre industrial project in Charleston, South Carolina; 385-acre industrial project in Lehigh and Lebanon Counties, Pennsylvania; High profile multi-use real estate project in and around San Francisco, California.
- Purchase of assets in an Article 9 private foreclosure.
- Sale of a portfolio of seven industrial properties located in California, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia and Texas.
- Formation of an investment fund with a U.S. company owned by foreign investors to invest in U.S. real estate interests.
- Formation of three investment funds to provide mezzanine financing.
- Development of numerous medical office buildings and an ambulatory surgical center.
- Formation of numerous partnerships, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies with third parties across the country to acquire various properties and companies.
J.D., University of Chicago, 1983, cum laude; Order of the Coif
B.S., Accountancy, University of Illinois, 1978, highest honors; Bronze Tablet Award
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2023 edition. Ten Haynes Boone lawyers were recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” in their practice areas, while hundreds more were designated “Best Lawyers” and “Ones to Watch.” The 10 Lawyer [...]
Haynes Boone Real Estate Team Ranked Among Best in Texas by Chambers USAJune 14, 2022
Haynes Boone Lawyers Recognized in D Magazine as 2022 'Best Lawyers in Dallas'April 22, 2022