Tiffany Ferris is a member of the Trademark and Advertising, Marketing, and Promotional Law practice groups in the firm’s Dallas office. Tiffany assists clients in all aspects of brand management and promotion. From analyzing potential risks associated with advertising claims to evaluating the availability of a potential trademark, Tiffany works to help her clients build, maintain, and promote their brands. She supports clients through all stages of their brand's lifecycle, including the selection and protection of brands, as well as the creation and defense of advertising and promotional programs.
Tiffany counsels clients in the design and development of product packaging and labeling, including on compliance with FDA and FTC regulations and the intellectual property implications of label design. She also reviews national advertising materials in all forms of media, including print, web, television, radio, professional materials, and social media channels. She is adept at recognizing the message a client wishes to convey and providing practical, business-minded guidance on structuring advertising and marketing materials to both promote that message and manage risk appropriately. Tiffany advises on strategies intended to reduce the risk of a demand, class action, or regulatory enforcement. She has particular experience with consumer packaged goods, including food and cosmetics, as well as children’s products, automotive items, and general household goods.
Not just a counselor, Tiffany regularly appears before the National Advertising Division (NAD), representing clients in advertising-related disputes. Her experience extends to internet-related subjects like domain name cybersquatting and social media use. She also counsels clients regarding emerging intellectual property issues, like those raised by the digital reproduction and use of images and objects.
No matter the topic at hand, Tiffany is mindful of her clients’ overarching goals and business concerns. She has considerable practical experience with product and packaging development, marketing, and manufacturing, gained from her previous work with Reynolds Packaging Group, formerly a division of Alcoa. Her keen understanding of business and marketing practices allows her to develop creative strategies for managing and promoting her clients’ brands.
When not working on behalf of her clients, Tiffany participates in various community initiatives in the Dallas area. A life-long dog lover, Tiffany is a member of the Animal Welfare Committee of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers. Tiffany serves on the firm’s Board Advisory Committee and on the board of the Children’s Chorus of Greater Dallas.
- Board of Directors, Children's Chorus of Greater Dallas, 2019 - present
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- William & Mary Law School Alumni Ambassadors Program
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Animal Welfare Committee
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2022-2023
- Listed in The Legal 500 U.S. for Trademarks: Non-Contentious (including Prosecution, Portfolio Management and Licensing), 2022
- “Endorsement and Testimonial Guidance as FTC Paves the Way to Impose Fines on More than 700 Companies,” co-author, Mobile Marketing Magazine, October 27, 2021.
- “Q&A: Haynes and Boone's Tiffany Ferris on Olympics advertising, IP enforcement”, contributor, Thomson Reuters Westlaw Today, July 9, 2021.
- “3 Tips For Compliance With FTC's New Made In USA Rule”, co-author, Law360, July 7, 2021.
- “Advertising Law Basics for In-House Attorneys”, presenter, Haynes Boone Trademark webinar series, June 23, 2021.
- “Facebook to More Quickly Remove Misleading Ads through New Partnership with the NAD”, co-author, Haynes Boone alert, December 4, 2020.
- “5 Tips for Brands Advertising in the COVID-19 Era”, co-author, Ad Age, May 13, 2020.
- “FTC Is Scrutinizing COVID-19 Advertising As Consumer Complaints Soar,” co-author, Haynes Boone alert, April 13, 2020.
- “Call for Creatives: United Nations Opens Submission Process for COVID-19 Messaging Work”, author, Haynes Boone alert, April 1, 2020.
- “Use of Landmark Images in Advertising”, co-author, Today's General Counsel, Fall 2019.
- “What's in a Name' Sometimes, a Claim”, co-author, Food and Drug Law Institute’s Update magazine, February 28, 2018.
B.A., Religion, University of Richmond, 2010, magna cum laude
B.S.B.A., Marketing, University of Richmond, 2010, magna cum laude
J.D., William & Mary Law School, 2013, cum laude
Haynes and Boone, LLP is proud to announce the promotion of 13 lawyers to its partnership ranks. This partnership class is the most diverse in the firm’s history. Effective Jan. 1, the new partners are Raquel Alvarenga, Robert Bruner, Jamie Carter, Matt Costello, Tiffany Ferris, Maria Hopper, Mini Kapoor, Jennifer Kreick, Kim Mai, Kinne Manente, Arsalan Muhammad, Courtney Smith, and Alan Wang. [...]