Rick Fijolek has represented U.S. and foreign individuals and companies with regard to the legal and tax issues related to their business and investment activities from the formation or acquisition of their businesses, through the ownership and operation of their businesses, to the restructuring and disposition of those investments or businesses.
Among the clients Rick has represented are numerous investment funds, including hedge funds, real estate funds, energy funds, private equity funds and venture capital funds, with regard to their formation, capital raising and placements; real estate owners, developers, operating companies, syndicators and investment funds, including real estate investment trusts (REITs); natural resource operating companies, producers and investors; closely-held businesses, including start-up companies, with respect to their organizational structures and tax and business issues; publicly-traded companies with regard to tax issues and joint ventures; and individuals and companies with regard to general business and tax planning.
- Formation and placements of numerous investment funds with collectively over ten billion dollars in assets.
- Formation of hundreds of start-up companies.
- Organization of and investments in venture capital and leveraged buyout funds to invest in high-technology and telecommunication companies and mature businesses.
- Establishment of U.S. branches of foreign companies and foreign branches of U.S. companies.
- Private and public placements of debt and equity and sophisticated derivative financial instruments.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Former Chair, Federal Taxation Committee, ABA Section of Real Property
- Former Chair, International Real Estate Committee, ABA Section of Real Property
- Former Chair, Partnership and Real Estate Committee, State Bar of Texas Tax Section
- Former Chair, International Tax Committee, State Bar of Texas Tax Section
- Named as one of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., in Tax Law (2009, 2011-2023)
- Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2012 Dallas Tax Law Lawyer of the Year, Woodward/White, Inc. (2012)
- Named in Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners, in Tax (2008-2014)
- Named as one of the Best Business Lawyers in Dallas for Tax by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners (2009, 2011)
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters (2009-2013)
- Martindale Hubbell Law Directory with a Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent
J.D., Columbia Law School, 1982
A.B., Stanford University, 1979, with honors
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]