Emily Fuller is a partner in the Finance Practice Group in the London office of Haynes and Boone. Emily acts on a full range of finance transactions, with a particular focus on fund finance, including syndicated and bilateral leveraged/NAV facilities, SMA deals, hybrid facilities, GP support lines and capital call facilities. Emily has experience in the formation of closed-ended and open-ended offshore fund structures and prior to joining Haynes and Boone undertook a secondment at a real estate fund. Emily’s practice focuses on acting for bank and non-bank lenders and a variety of sponsors (including corporate and non-corporate private equity funds, hedge funds, infrastructure funds, real estate funds, secondary funds, credit funds and sovereign wealth funds). Emily also holds the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment’s Certificate in Islamic Finance and the Chartered Banker Institute’s Certificate in Green and Sustainable Finance.
Emily was ranked as an 'Associate to Watch" in Chambers UK, Chambers and Partners, 2022, in Banking & Finance: Fund Finance - London (Firms) and is currently ranked in the 2023 edition in the ‘Up and Coming’ category. Client testimonials state that "Emily Fuller is just extremely helpful, in the weeds of the deals and extremely technically able" and “Emily is fantastic, very hard-working and technically excellent; she is a lovely lawyer to work with.” "She is incredibly knowledgeable, very engaged, and the advice is very sensible and fully explained."
Emily was named as one of the ‘Top 10 Most Influential London-Based Fund Finance Lawyers in 2023’ by Business Today News and as a ‘Rising Star’ in the 2020 Fund Finance Association’s Rising Star Awards.
She also sits on the Women in Fund Finance European Committee and the NextGen Fund Finance European Committee.
- "Treatment of HNW Feeders in Subscription Secured Credit Facilities," co-author, Bloomberg Law, May 5, 2023.
- "COVID-19 – An opportunity to show the adaptability and strength of the finance market?" co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, March 24, 2020.
- "Sustainability Linked Loans and Fund Finance," co-author, Haynes and Boone client alert, January 29, 2020.
- "Subscription-Secured Financings: Enforcement vs. Perfection (European Deals Edition)," co-author, article, October 17, 2019.
- "A - Z Guide of Fund Finance," co-author, publication, September 24, 2019.
- "Predicting Brexit's Lasting Impact On US And UK Markets," co-author, Law360, April 12, 2017.
B.A. (Hons), English, University of Sussex, 2008
LL.B. (Hons.), College of Law Bloomsbury, 2010
England and Wales
Summary Foreign sovereign investors continue to have significant investment in private equity in the United States and abroad. As with U.S. sovereign investors, foreign sovereign investors require special attention when analyzing a lender’s ability to enforce the obligation of such foreign sovereign investor to fund capital calls. In the United States, the commercial activity exception (28 U.S.C. [...]