William "Bill" Greenhill advises corporate decision makers, in-house counsel, and financial industry executives on structuring complicated corporate and financial transactions to promote their business objectives. His clients include established public and private corporations involved in debt, equity, and merger and acquisition transactions; financial institutions involved in structured financings; start-up companies whose goal is either to "go public" or to build up their business to become attractive for purchase; and businesses, including underwriters, borrowers, collateral agents, and trustees involved in sophisticated taxable and tax exempt municipal bond transactions.
During the course of his 30+ years of practice, Bill has also assisted large corporation, start-ups and emerging businesses in navigating the securities/capital markets and the complex laws which regulate them. Bill also advises clients who deal with land use regulation and zoning issues on a state-wide basis.
- Represented an underwriter in the placement of Participation Interests in a Lease Agreement with Option to Purchase in connection with the financing of the construction of a utility plant for the University of Colorado.
- Represented the Special Board Committee in a certain merger and acquisition transaction in connection with a publicly held company "going private."
- Represented public companies with regard to the implementation of their take-over-strategies, including the adoption and implementation of their shareholder rights plans.
- Represented parties in connection with merger and acquisition transactions.
- Represented a company in connection with its placement of securities pursuant to Regulation S under the Securities Act of 1933 and subsequent exchange offer for certain of such securities.
- Represented tax exempt organizations in regard to conduit bond financings.
- Advised a nation-wide retailer in regards to zoning regulations in multiple Texas jurisdictions.
- District 4 Tarrant County College Board of Trustees - President, August 18, 2011 to June 20, 2013; Member of Audit and Finance Committee, July 2010 to present; Trustee, May 2010 to present
- Member and Chair of the Board of Directors of Community Hospice of Texas
- Member of the Board of Directors - The Presbyterian Night Shelter of Tarrant County, January 2013 to present
- Member of the Board of Directors - Community College Association of Texas Trustees, May 2012 to present; Chair Elect, Board of Directors - Community College Association of Texas Trustees
- Member, Fort Worth Zoning Board of Adjustments, October-February 2010; Member Fort Worth Board of Adjustment (Commercial), March 2010 to present.
- Former member, and Chair and Vice Chair, Fort Worth Zoning Commission (District 7), October 2006-October 2010
- Former member of Board of Directors, City of Fort Worth Parks and Community Services Board
- Annexation Program, Policy Committee, City of Fort Worth, Texas
- Member, Development Advisory Committee to the City Manger of Fort Worth (evaluated impact fees).
- Board of Disciplinary Appeals of the Texas Supreme Court, 2001-2007
- Former member of the Boards of Directors of The Gladney Center for Adoption; Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Tarrant County, for which he served as President; and the YMCA of Downtown Fort Worth; former member of the Site Base Committee, Arlington Heights High School
- State Bar of Texas (Corporate Securities Section)
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dean’s Advisory Council of Texas A&M University School of Law
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Recognized as a Top Attorney in Tarrant County by 360 West Magazine, Scott Publications, 2018
- Chosen as one of 12 pre-eminent lawyers by Fort Worth Business Press, Fortworthbusiness.com, in its 2010 Power Attorneys list
- Selected by Fort Worth Business Press, Fortworthbusiness.com, as one of its Attorneys of Excellence, 2003 and 2004 in Business Transaction Law
- Chosen as a Top Attorney in Corporate Finance/Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities, Fort Worth, Texas magazine, Panther City Media Group, LP, 2008-2013 and 2016-2021
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Project Finance Law, 2010-2023
- Martindale Hubbell® Law Directory with a Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1972, with honors; Phi Beta Kappa; Order of the Coif
B.A., Government and History, University of Texas at Austin, 1969, with high honors
Six Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers have been recognized in Fort Worth Magazine’s 2021 Top Attorneys list in the Greater Fort Worth area. They are: Stephen Pezanosky, Thomas Williams, Brian Barnard, Karen Precella, William Greenhill, and Chris Knight. The annual listing is drawn from peer nominations and the recommendation of attorneys in the region. The lawyers will be recognized in the December is [...]