Evan Hall is a partner in the Investment Management Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, with a concentration on the formation, organization and operation of investment funds, investment advisers, commodity pool operators and commodity trading advisors. He regularly counsels clients on the formation and organization of investment funds, securities and other regulatory filings, investment adviser and commodity pool operator registration and ongoing compliance with federal and state laws applicable to investment funds, investment advisers and commodity pools. In addition, Evan also focuses on broker-dealer regulation, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate governance.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
Evan has represented clients in various matters, including:
- Formation, organization and operation of hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity pools, other private investment funds, investment advisers, commodity pool operators and commodity trading advisors.
- Registration of investment advisers with the SEC and the Texas State Securities Board.
- Registration of commodity pool operators and commodity trading advisors with the CFTC and NFA.
- Preparation of securities and commodities filings with the SEC, CFTC and NFA, including Schedule 13G, Schedule 13D, Form 13F, and Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Compliance with federal and state laws applicable to private investment funds, commodity pools and investment advisers.
- Formation, structuring and operation of insurance dedicated funds (IDF), including relating to insurance dedicated fund of private equity funds hybrid structures and insurance dedicated fund of hedge fund structures, each of which customarily involves thorough negotiations with IDF counterparties.
J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 2007, magna cum laude; Articles Editor, Baylor Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Baylor University, 2004, magna cum laude; Bob Bullock Scholar
On Aug. 30, 2023, we released a detailed summary of controversial new rules and amendments under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, as amended (the “Advisers Act”) recently adopted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) that will substantially alter the reporting, disclosure, recordkeeping, and other obligations of investment advisers to private funds (the “Final Rules”). Severa [...]