David Harris is an associate in the Investment Management Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s London office.
His practice focuses on supporting early-stage companies, venture capital investors and funds, often in the technology sector, having gained experience in equity and debt investments, corporate structuring, the structuring of fund management groups, M&A and the establishment of investment funds.
David has a wealth of experience in advising managers and companies in relation to the making and taking of investments, as well as their internal governance and general counsel needs.
- Advising the management team in relation to the spin-out of a business and its £4.5m Series A financing.
- Advising a longstanding client in relation to its $14.5m Series A extension round, as well as continuing to support the company in a general counsel role.
- Advising an international fashion brand in relation to its debt and equity fundraising and its corporate structuring, as well as providing ongoing advice as to its general corporate and commercial needs.
- Advising in relation to the restructuring of a management group and the $12.4m equity investment by a consortium of investors.
- Advising a European venture capital firm in relation to minority investments and the deployment of its investment programme in the UK.
- Advising a number of family offices in relation to their equity, debt and fund investments across a wide range of jurisdictions in the UK, Europe, Asia and the United States.
Some of these representations were handled by David prior to joining Haynes Boone.
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2014, with distinction
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School, 2012, with distinction
B.A. (Hons), University of Warwick, 2011
England and Wales
Haynes and Boone, LLP has enhanced its ability to serve clients across the venture capital spectrum by adding 11 London and Belfast-based professionals, headed by Partners Karma Samdup, Andrew Pannell and Ronan McCann, to its Investment Management Practice. “We are thrilled to add these lawyers and to further expand our private equity, venture capital and investment management capabilities,” said [...]