Will Johnson is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the Houston office of Haynes Boone.
His practice focuses on a variety of energy transactions, including upstream, midstream and downstream acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- A public energy company in its acquisition of $2.65 billion of oil and gas interests in Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale
- A public energy company in its divestiture of $415 million of oil and gas assets located in Wyoming
- A public energy company in connection with its acquisition of Cotton Valley Shale and Haynesville Shale upstream oil and gas assets and related facilities in Louisiana and Texas
- A public energy company in its acquisition of $100 million of proved developed producing oil and gas assets in East Texas
- A public energy company in the formation of a drilling partnership with a private energy company to develop oil and gas assets in Oklahoma
*Some of these representations were handled by Will prior to joining Haynes Boone.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2020, magna cum laude, Staff Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Clemson University, 2016
Intern to the Honorable Marcia Crone, U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018;
Intern to the Honorable K. Nicole Mitchell, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018
The law firm of Haynes and Boone, LLP served as lead counsel to Chesapeake Energy Corporation in the sale of the Brazos Valley region of its Eagle Ford asset to WildFire Energy I LLC for $1.425 billion. The sale, announced Jan. 18, 2023, involved approximately 377,000 net acres and approximately 1,350 wells in the Brazos Valley region. "Today marks an important step on our path to exiting the Eagl [...]