Will Johnson is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the Houston office of Haynes Boone.
His practice focuses on a variety of energy transactions, including upstream, midstream and downstream acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- A public energy company in its acquisition of $2.65 billion of oil and gas interests in Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale
- A public energy company in its divestiture of $415 million of oil and gas assets located in Wyoming
- A public energy company in connection with its acquisition of Cotton Valley Shale and Haynesville Shale upstream oil and gas assets and related facilities in Louisiana and Texas
- A public energy company in its acquisition of $100 million of proved developed producing oil and gas assets in East Texas
- A public energy company in the formation of a drilling partnership with a private energy company to develop oil and gas assets in Oklahoma
*Some of these representations were handled by Will prior to joining Haynes Boone.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2020, magna cum laude, Staff Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Clemson University, 2016
Intern to the Honorable Marcia Crone, U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018;
Intern to the Honorable K. Nicole Mitchell, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018
Jeremy Kennedy has joined Haynes and Boone, LLP as a Houston partner in the firm’s Energy Transactions Practice. He previously worked at Shearman & Sterling LLP, where he was a partner and member of the firm’s Global Energy Industry Group. Kennedy is a longtime colleague of Hugh Tucker, who joined Haynes Boone in July from Shearman & Sterling, where he was a Lead Industry Coordinator for Energy [...]