Will Johnson is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the Houston office of Haynes Boone.
His practice focuses on a variety of energy transactions, including upstream, midstream and downstream acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Represented Callon Petroleum Company in the sale of all its Eagle Ford oil and gas assets to Ridgemar Energy Operating, LLC for $655 million in cash with an additional contingent consideration up to $45 million.
- Represented Callon Petroleum Company in its $475 million acquisition of the Midland Basin assets of Percussion Petroleum Operating II, LLC, with contingent consideration up to $62.5 million.
- A public energy company in its acquisition of $2.65 billion of oil and gas interests in Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale
- A public energy company in its divestiture of $415 million of oil and gas assets located in Wyoming
- A public energy company in connection with its acquisition of Cotton Valley Shale and Haynesville Shale upstream oil and gas assets and related facilities in Louisiana and Texas
- A public energy company in its acquisition of $100 million of proved developed producing oil and gas assets in East Texas
- A public energy company in the formation of a drilling partnership with a private energy company to develop oil and gas assets in Oklahoma
*Some of these representations were handled by Will prior to joining Haynes Boone.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2020, magna cum laude, Staff Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
B.A., Political Science, Clemson University, 2016
Intern to the Honorable Marcia Crone, U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018;
Intern to the Honorable K. Nicole Mitchell, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018
Haynes and Boone, LLP represented Callon Petroleum Company in a pair of complex energy acquisition and divestiture transactions valued at $1.1 billion. Callon announced May 3 that it had entered into an agreement to acquire the membership interests of Permian-based Percussion Petroleum Operating II, LLC in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $475 million, with potential contingent [...]