Keenan Kolendo has experience in assisting clients with commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of retail, office, senior-assisted living/memory care and industrial projects.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Real Estate Law, 2020-2023
- Selected for the Connect CRE’s 2021 Lawyers in Real Estate Awards Texas
- Representation of sponsor in connection with the acquisition and financing of over $2B in multi-family assets.
- Representation of developer in connection with the development, programmatic joint venture and construction financing of multi-family, industrial and single-family to rent assets.
- Represent owner in connection with the development, finance and operations of office, high-rise condominium, hotel and mixed-use assets.
- Representation of investment funds in acquisition, management and disposition of retail, office and multi-family property portfolios.
- Representation of major U.S. financial institutions in leasing acquisition, development and operating matters related to bank-operated real estate. Representation of a REIT in connection with acquisition of 200+ property portfolio of senior-assisted living/memory care facilities.
- Representation of major U.S. financial institutions in real estate lending activities, including acquisition, construction and development transactions.
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting and closing real estate components of merger and acquisition transactions for both publicly and privately held companies.
- Representation of a Fortune 10 corporation in its acquisition and development of retail and distribution center sites.
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- The Real Estate Council, Executive Committee Board of Directors
- Downtown Dallas, Inc. Board of Directors
- Associate Leadership Council, The Real Estate Council
- "Restrictive Covenants: What's New, What's Hot and What's Not" co-author, presented July 10, 2010 at the 32nd Annual Advanced Real Estate Law Course in San Antonio, Texas.
- "Options for Clients Facing the General Mineral Exception," co-author, Texas Lawyer, March 2010.
- "Conveying Real Property Without Damaging a Title Policy," author, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, January 2010, Volume 34, Number 1.
- "OFAC and Money Laundering Regulations Bump Into Real Estate Transactions," co-author, presented at the 38th Annual William W. Gibson, Jr. Mortgage Lending Institute.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2003, with honors
B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1999
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]