Deborah Low is a partner in the Finance Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone. Her background is in representing foreign and domestic institutional lenders in various forms of secured and unsecured finance transactions including subscription finance, syndicated lending, corporate finance, leveraged finance, commodities and energy finance and project finance. In connection with subscription-secured credit facilities, Deborah also regularly advises clients on additional leverage solutions for private equity funds including NAV and hybrid facilities, management fee lines, GP and employee coinvest lines and letters of credit.
Deborah also founded and co-chairs the Firm’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practice and advises clients on sustainable and green finance, sustainability linked-loans and other ESG matters, including disclosure and reporting, due diligence and applicable ESG regulations.
- Represented agents in syndicated credit facilities secured by commodities inventory and receivables (including oil, natural gas, and ethanol) in the U.S., Latin America, Canada and Europe.
- Represented private equity client in its acquisition of a refinery, product distribution terminals and 58 retail service stations utilizing mostly inventory monetization financing through a highly bespoke flash title structure; the transaction also included a term crude supply arrangement, complex tax and regulatory components, as well as franchising needs with respect to the retail side.
- Represented hedge fund lender in project financing of solar energy facilities in Latin America.
- Represented client in executing an inventory monetization transaction where client played the role of financier, supplier and offtaker to a Canadian refinery.
- Represented global banking institutions as administrative agent in multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional capital commitment subscription-secured credit facilities.
- Represented administrative agent in syndicated credit facility providing for acquisition loans for the development of, and to be secured by, oil and gas terminals, and energy related infrastructure in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented a Brazilian borrower in a revolving import financing facility.
- Represented Argentinean and Brazilian borrowers in numerous syndicated loan agreements secured by export receivables.
- Represented a foreign bank in a series of receivables purchase agreements with numerous U.S. sellers.
- Advised clients on numerous UCC issues including cross-jurisdictional concerns, title and credit support requirements.
- Selected as a “Rising Star” by The New York Law Journal’s New York Legal Awards, 2023
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, for Securities and Corporate Finance, 2017-2020
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2009
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2006, cum laude
Deborah Low, founder of Haynes and Boone, LLP’s ESG practice and a partner in the Finance Group, is among the 2023 recipients of the New York Legal Awards, presented by the New York Law Journal. She has been honored with a Rising Star Award, a distinction given to the New York legal community’s emerging leaders. Deborah’s ESG practice focuses on advising clients on sustainability-linked and green [...]