Patricia Mastropierro is a member of the International Practice Group at Haynes and Boone. She has significant experience in international aviation matters. She has advised airlines in a broad range of international legal matters, including setting up and maintaining operations abroad, obtaining applicable permits, airport authorizations and slots in foreign jurisdictions, among others. For several years, she has represented one of the biggest U.S. airlines and its regional airlines in more than 35 jurisdictions worldwide. Patricia has worked for more than 15 years on their international projects, including in the areas of commercial transactions and regulatory, aviation and litigation matters.
Professional and Community Activities
- Buenos Aires, Argentina Bar Association
- Representation of numerous Argentine companies in corporate and commercial matters.
- Representation of many foreign investors setting up their companies in Argentina.
- Representation of a global supplier of coatings, glass and chemicals, in the merger of its Argentine companies.
- Representation of a Chilean chemical company in its Argentine joint venture with its U.S. partner.
- Representation of a large multinational information technology company in numerous licensing transactions abroad.
- Representation of a large U.S. technology company in Argentine bankruptcy issues.
- Representation of a U.S. airline in its purchase of an Argentine airline (including complete multi-jurisdictional due diligence effort) in a transaction valued at more than US$25 million.
- Representation of a U.S. airline in a $300 million restructuring of its Argentine investment.
- Representation of a U.S. public company in the acquisition and servicing of distressed loan portfolios in Argentina.
- Recognized in the listing of Latin Lawyer 250, Law Business Research, Ltd., 2023
- Recognized by Latinvex as one of the top 100 Female Latin American lawyers, 2017-2022
- Named a Latin America Rising Legal Star by Latinvex, 2015
- Included in the Mexico and International listings of Latin Lawyer 250, Latinvex, for aviation, 2014
- Selected for inclusion in Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers, Law Business Research, Ltd, 2010 and 2011, 2023
LL.M., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2001
J.D., Universidad Catolica Argentina Buenos Aires, 1996, with honors
Haynes and Boone, LLP Partner Patricia Mastropierro has been named in Latinvex’s 10th-annual listing of the Top 100 Female Lawyers in Latin America. Patricia is ranked in two practice areas: Corporate/M&A and Aviation. Latinvex’s editorial and research staff chose the leading 100 female lawyers from 61 international law firms that handle business in Latin America and the Caribbean. The criteria [...]