Mitch Miller has more than 30 years experience in representing individuals, owners of closely held businesses, physicians and other professional associations in wealth transfer, estate planning, business planning, business taxation, retirement planning, and executive compensation matters. Mitch has been recognized as a Best Business Lawyer in Dallas for Trusts and Estates by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, 2011, 2015, 2018-2019 and 2022. He was listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Trusts and Estates, 2013-2023, and he is AV Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Mitch's experience has included matters involving:
- Advising clients with the design and implementation of all types of estate planning and family wealth preservation and transfer strategies.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax matters including estate, gift, generation-skipping, income, corporate, and partnership tax matters.
- Advising clients with respect to selecting choice of entity.
- Representing clients in all types of probate and property matters.
- Negotiating the sale and purchase of closely held businesses.
- Designing and implementing equity compensation plans and other key employee programs.
- Employment, severance, and executive compensation agreements.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Advisory Council, The Catholic Foundation
- Advisory Council, Communities Foundation of Texas
- Advisory Council, The Dallas Foundation
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Trusts and Estates, 2013-2023
- Recognized as a Best Business Lawyer in Dallas for Trusts and Estate by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, 2011, 2015, 2018-2019 and 2022
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1983
B.A., Ohio State University, 1978
The Global M&A Network has honored Haynes and Boone LLP with two Middle Market Deal of the Year Awards. At the 2023 M&A Atlas Awards, held April 28 at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C., Haynes Boone was recognized for handling the “food & beverage” and “energy & services” deals of the year. “We honor the successes of top performing leaders and dealmakers; and congratulate them on their visio [...]