Isaac Neill is a partner in the Finance Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Charlotte office.
Isaac represents bank and direct lenders, arrangers, underwriters and administrative agents in secured and unsecured, pro rata and institutional, syndicated, club and bilateral senior lending transactions, including working capital financings and balance sheet recapitalizations, leveraged sponsor acquisition and equity investment financings, asset-based, multi-currency and cross-border financings and bridge, distressed and debtor-in-possession financings.
In addition to senior lending transactions, Isaac also has significant experience documenting public and private bond financings, structured financings and subordinated and mezzanine financings, including the negotiation of lien and debt subordination terms among creditors. As they arise in the context of such financings, Isaac also advises on out-of-court debt restructurings, liability management transactions and related securities, corporate and derivatives law matters.
Isaac’s practice ranges across a wide variety of industries, including healthcare and medical equipment, technology and life sciences, manufacturing, financial services and insurance, consumer products, government contracting and defense, energy and utilities, agriculture, media and broadcasting, aerospace and aviation, higher education and non-profits, restaurant franchising, senior care and transportation and logistics.
- Represented the left lead arranger and administrative agent in structuring and documenting the syndication and extension of multi-currency, working capital revolving credit facilities for an investment grade financial services company in an aggregate amount in excess of $2.0 billion (or foreign currency equivalent).
- Represented the left lead arranger and administrative agent in structuring and documenting a $900.0 million revolving credit facility for a nationally renowned non-profit university, which financing was the first ever documented 5-year syndicated revolver for a non-profit university in the United States.
- Represented the left lead arranger and administrative agent in structuring and documenting the initial collateralization and out-of-court restructuring of revolving credit and term loan facilities for an aerospace components manufacturer in an aggregate amount of $2.150 billion in response to distressed market conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Represented the direct lender and placement agent in structuring and documenting split-lien institutional term loan facilities for a technology company to finance a leveraged sponsor acquisition in an aggregate amount in excess of $280.0mm.
- Represented the left lead arranger and administrative agent in structuring and placing specific collateral-secured revolving credit and term loan facilities for a risk management services provider to finance a leveraged sponsor equity investment in an aggregate amount of $107.0 million, including negotiation of lien and debt subordination terms with providers of a specific collateral-secured special purpose revolver and mezzanine capital.
- Advised the direct lender and institutional investor on out-of-court restructurings of a portfolio of senior and subordinated secured club and bilateral credit investments, including defending against ‘uptiering’ strategies.
- Represented the left lead arranger and administrative agent in structuring and documenting multi-currency revolving credit, foreign credit instrument and term loan facilities for a manufacturer of advanced industrial equipment in an aggregate amount in excess of $1.2 billion (or foreign currency equivalent), including advising on subsequent spin-off transactions and related corporate restructuring.
Some of these representations were handled by Isaac prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- The American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Selected for Law360's North Carolina Editorial Board, 2023
J.D., Stanford Law School, 2014, Articles Editor, Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance
B.A., University of Chicago, 2010, Phi Beta Kappa, with honors
Law360 has selected Haynes and Boone, LLP Partners Deb Coldwell and Isaac Neill to serve on editorial boards that will shape coverage for the publication in 2023. Law360 editorial boards consist of eight to 12 members selected through a competitive nomination process. The boards offer perspective on trends and topics in their respective sectors and offer feedback about how Law360 can improve its [...]