Andrew Pannell is a partner in the Investment Management Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s London office.
His practice focuses on advising venture capital, private equity and corporate clients on venture and growth capital transactions.
Advising GPs/Managers, institutional LPs, FOs
- GPs/Managers downstream deals/investments (equity or convertible financings) and secondary transactions.
- LP direct/indirect investments, including via co-invest SPVs (if required).
- Deal by deal SPVs (onshore or offshore) and warehoused asset structures.
- GP/Manager spin-outs/JVs.
- FO or holding company/’evergreen’ structures.
Advising Start-ups and Founders
- Fundraising rounds (equity or convertible loan/debt financings).
- Group re-organisations and structuring advice (including cross-border).
- Corporate/commercial advisory support for scaling start-ups including ‘outsourced GC solution’ (i.e., legal advisory support on day-to-day issues and curating specialists).
- Equity incentive arrangements (e.g., ESOPs, phantom options, growth shares).
- Exit options, including M&A, secondaries, and other liquidity solutions.
Some of these representations were handled by Andrew prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- Law Society of England and Wales
LPC, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 2003
LL.B., Law, University of Exeter, 2002
England and Wales
Haynes and Boone, LLP has enhanced its ability to serve clients across the venture capital spectrum by adding 11 London and Belfast-based professionals, headed by Partners Karma Samdup, Andrew Pannell and Ronan McCann, to its Investment Management Practice. “We are thrilled to add these lawyers and to further expand our private equity, venture capital and investment management capabilities,” said [...]