Chris Reagen is a member of the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group and assists clients in transactions involving the acquisition, development, and disposition of energy assets and mining properties. With a broad natural resources transactional practice, Chris has counseled clients in joint ventures to develop oil and gas properties, farmout agreements, purchase and sale agreements, joint development agreements, and crude oil purchase agreements. Chris has also represented upstream and midstream companies in gathering and transportation agreements and lenders and borrowers in energy finance matters.
Chris is the chair of our Indian Law Practice Group, guiding clients across industries in navigating the regulatory framework governing transactions with Indian tribes with significant experience involving the development of oil and gas resources on tribal lands. Prior to joining the firm, Chris represented some of the largest energy-producing Indian tribes in a broad range of issues related to the development of tribal natural resources.
Chris authored “The Water Transfers Rule: How an EPA Rule Threatens to Undermine the Clean Water Act,” which was published in the University of Colorado Law Review in 2011.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Volunteer, Denver Indian Law Center
- "Getting the Deal Through: Mining 2019 (United States)," co-author, Getting the Deal Through, April 19, 2019.
- "Hiding in Plain View," co-author, World Pipelines, October 2017.
- "Getting the Deal Through: Mining 2017 (United States)," co-author, Getting the Deal Through, July 2017.
- "Getting the Deal Through: Mining 2016 (United States)," co-author, Getting the Deal Through, July 6, 2016.
- “The Water Transfers Rule: How an EPA Rule Threatens to Undermine the Clean Water Act,” author, 83 U. Colo. L. Rev. 307, 2011.
B.A., History, Classics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 2007
J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2012, Law Review, Casenote and Comment Editor
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Seventy-five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are included in the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” directory this month. The Ones to Watch distinction is given to attorneys early in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the U.S. Nominated by peers in the industry, Ones to Watch recipients have been in practice for five to nine years. The fol [...]