Kate Repko is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the District of Columbia and Denver offices of Haynes and Boone. Her practice primarily focuses on the representation of entities in energy, environmental and commercial litigation in both state and federal courts. Kate also has a diverse litigation background, as she has litigated cases involving environmental claims, commercial contracts, employment and insurance matters.
Kate has extensive experience conducting witness interviews and depositions, managing discovery and negotiating cases to settlement. Kate believes that communication between attorney and client is essential to providing excellent service and strives to keep open communication with her clients.
- Successfully defended a mining company against CERLCA contribution for historic operations in USDC, District of Utah
- Researched and drafted reclamation trust instruments for a mining company seeking to propose a mining reclamation trust to federal and state regulators
- Researched and drafted an emergency response binder for a mining company with operations in the United States related to the transport of hazardous substances in the United States
- Represented a facility owner in pursuing insurance coverage for defense and clean-up costs related to a hazardous waste discharge from its facility
- Represented mining claim owners in a quiet title dispute
- Conducted estate probates involving mineral interests in Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association - Natural Resources and Energy Law Section, Vice Chair
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Women’s Energy Network, Colorado Chapter Member
- “Company Relocating to Colorado? Check Your Noncompetition Agreement,” co-author, Law Week Colorado, June 26, 2017.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2010, cum laude
B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2007
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado
US District Court for the District of Maine
U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
A Haynes and Boone, LLP litigation team helped client Curtis Park Group LLC win a jury verdict, finding that its insurer breached its Builders’ Risk policy and acted in bad faith by denying coverage for losses that arose during the construction of a large, four-building condominium project in Denver. The jury rejected the insurer’s argument that a construction defect exclusion applied to bar cover [...]