Kate Repko is an associate in the Energy, Power and Natural Resources Practice Group in the Denver office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice primarily focuses on the representation of entities in environmental and commercial litigation in both state and federal courts.
Kate has extensive experience conducting witness interviews, performing legal research, drafting pleadings, and managing e-discovery. Kate believes that communication between attorney and client is essential to providing excellent service and strives to keep open communication with clients at all times.
Prior to joining the firm, Kate worked on oil and gas and mining matters, including due diligence related to the ownership and sale of mineral rights, permitting and licensing of mining activities, and the drafting and negotiation of various oil and gas and mining agreements. In addition, after working for an oil and gas operator, Kate spent several years focusing on the review and drafting of drilling and division order title opinions for clients in the DJ Basin and Marcellus Shale.
- Successfully defended a mining company against CERLCA contribution for historic operations in USDC, District of Utah
- Researched and drafted reclamation trust instruments for a mining company seeking to propose a mining reclamation trust to federal and state regulators
- Researched and drafted an emergency response binder for a mining company with operations in the United States related to the transport of hazardous substances in the United States
- Represented a facility owner in pursuing insurance coverage for defense and clean-up costs related to a hazardous waste discharge from its facility
- Represented mining claim owners in a quiet title dispute
- Conducted estate probates involving mineral interests in Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association - Natural Resources and Energy Law Section, Vice Chair
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Women’s Energy Network, Colorado Chapter Member
- Denver Art Museum, Volunteer
- Junior League, Member
- “Company Relocating to Colorado? Check Your Noncompetition Agreement,” co-author, Law Week Colorado, June 26, 2017.
J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2010, cum laude
B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2007