Shelley Rosensweig is a Partner in the Investment Management and Private Equity Practice Groups in the New York office of Haynes and Boone. She structures, designs and organizes US and non-US private investment funds and assists clients with seed capital arrangements, the operation of managed account platforms and the organization and design of joint ventures, SPVs and other co-investment structures. Shelley also advises clients with respect to SEC, FINRA and CFTC regulatory and compliance matters, family office related matters, trading issues and employment matters. She further advises clients with respect to distribution and capital raising matters and other strategic initiatives.
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- "Context Accelerator Series," Panelist/Judge, Miami, Monaco, and California, 2019.
- "Legal Issues Surrounding Marketing and Seed Deals," featured speaker, Bloomberg's Dallas Hedge Fund Startup Conference, May 24, 2017.
- “U.S. Legal Issues for Brazilian Fund Managers,” panelist, Credit Suisse 2017 Prime Services Leadership Conference, New York, March 9, 2017.
- “Legal and compliance – Setting up for Success," speaker, Bloomberg Hedge Fund Startup Conference, October 6, 2016.
- "Legal Challenges Facing Startup Managers," speaker, Eze Castle Integration webinar, Emerging Manager Series, April 5, 2016.
- "Cybersecurity Risks and Implications for Investment Advisers," author, Eze Castle Integration Hedge IT Blog, August 11, 2015.
- The Bloomberg Hedge Fund Startup Conference, speaker, New York, 2015.
- “The Impact on Non-EU Managers,” panelist, Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) Alphametrix Summit, Monaco, September 2013.
B.A., University of Michigan, 1995
J.D., New York Law School, 1998, Associate Articles Editor, Journal of International and Comparative Law
On February 26, 2021, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) issued a risk alert (“Risk Alert”) relating to the offer, sale, and trading of digital assets that are securities (“Digital Asset Securities”), which include certain virtual currencies, coins, and tokens. Digital Asset Securities and distributed ledger technology present many unique and distinctive features that investment advi [...]