Daniel Rounds represents clients in government contract and construction matters. He advises contractors on a wide range of federal and state procurement, regulatory compliance, and grant issues, particularly those relating to construction and to Buy American and other domestic preference regulations. Daniel also assists clients with change negotiations, requests for equitable adjustment, claim preparation, and termination settlement negotiations. He litigates complex federal contract and construction disputes, and he has represented clients in Federal and State courts, in Federal and State Boards of Contract Appeals, in domestic arbitration, and in international arbitration under the International Chamber of Commerce and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
Daniel serves on the Board of Governors of the Virginia State Bar, Construction Law and Public Contracts Section and is a frequent speaker and contributor to construction law publications. He has also been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Woodward/White, Inc., in Construction Law and Litigation – Construction since 2022.
- Virginia State Bar, Construction Law and Public Contracts Section; Member, Board of Governors, Co-Newsletter Editor
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law; ABA Forum on Construction Law
- Maryland State Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Woodward/White, Inc. in Construction Law and Litigation – Construction, 2022-2024
- “Build America, Buy America: The State of Domestic Sourcing Requirements for Infrastructure Projects,” co-speaker, 29th Annual Federal Procurement Institute, March 9, 2023.
- “Domestic Preference and Recent Changes to the Buy American Act,” co-speaker, Virginia State Bar 6th Annual Federal Government Contracting Seminar, September 14, 2021.
- “Challenges and Requirements Related to Common Interest and Tolling Agreements," co-speaker, ARTBA 13th Annual Law & Regulatory Conference, June 24, 2021.
- “Preparing the Complex Construction Case for Litigation,” co-author, Chapter 15, Construction Disputes: Representing the contractor, 4th Edition, 2019.
- “Government Contract Basics: Claims and Disputes,” speaker, DC Bar CLE, February 21, 2018.
- “Virginia Construction Law and Public Contracts Newsletter,” co-editor, Fall 2017—present.
- ”Government Contracts Basics: Contract Performance and Subcontracting,” speaker, DC Bar CLE, September 20, 2017.
- “Updated Chapter 10—Special Cost Items of Cost Reimbursement Contracting,” co-author, 4th Edition, by Ralph C. Nash, Jr. & John Cibinic, Jr., Aspen Publishers, September 2014.
- “Updated Chapter 26—Construction Law of the Handbook of Virginia Local Government Law,” co-author, Ninth Edition (2013) and Tenth Edition, 2014.
J.D., William & Mary Law School, 2007
B.A., College of William Mary, 2004, cum laude
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland