Frank Ruttenberg studied business finance and tax law before entering the practice of commercial and real estate law in San Antonio, Austin and Central Texas. This pragmatic combination of disciplines forms the foundation for an extensive representation of businesses and joint ventures.
In general commercial law, Frank assists businesses with day-to-day operating needs, negotiating and drafting business contracts and business entities documentation for limited partnerships, limited liability companies, general partnerships, and corporations. He prepares intra-owner agreements for commercial entities of all types and the documentation in connection with the formation of investment capital. Frank also assists family law attorneys with business separations as a part of marital dissolutions.
Frank's real estate practice includes negotiating and preparing documents relating to the financing, lease, sale, purchase and operation of income producing properties; the finance, acquisition, development and day-to-day operations for apartment and commercial-use complexes; landlord/tenant relations; commercial transactions with governmental agencies; and the redevelopment and preservation of historic structures.
Frank is involved in assisting development clients with the purchase, sale or lease of groundwater and surface water rights, the development of diversion facilities, and other water development and water supply agreements.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- "Finish-Out and Work Letters," speaker, UTLAW CLE 2017 Bernard O. Dow Leasing Institute, Houston, November 10, 2017.
- "Satisfying Texans' Thirst for Water," guest author, Rivard Report, October 9, 2013.
- Vice Chair, Business Law Section of the State Bar
- Member, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- San Antonio Foundation for Cultural Arts, Chairman of the Board of Directors, 2014
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Committee on Partnerships
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section, Partnership and Limited Liability Company Law Committee, Chair
- San Antonio Bar Association, Real Estate Discussion Group
- San Antonio Zoological Society, President of the Board, 2019; Development Committee, Chairman; Investment/Finance Committee, Member; Executive Committee, Treasurer
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., Real Estate Law, 2008-2021
- Recognized among the Best San Antonio Lawyers by San Antonio Scene Magazine, 2020
- Recognized as a 2013 Outstanding Lawyer by San Antonio Business Journal, American City Business Journals, 2013
- Chairman of the Partnership and LLC Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1982
J.D., St Marys University School of Law, 1979
B.B.A., Finance, University of Texas at Austin, 1976
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]