Erin Simmons is a partner in the Finance Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Denver office.
She has a broad lending practice representing banks, financial institutions, businesses, and private equity sponsors in structuring and negotiating secured and unsecured loans, bilateral and syndicated loans, cash-flow loans, asset-based loans, reserve-based loans, leveraged loans, and subordinated debt. Erin has worked on transactions across a wide range of industries, including outdoor recreation, retail, food and beverage, manufacturing, equipment leasing, oil and gas, mining, energy, healthcare, logistics, construction, communications, transportation, and agriculture.
Clients have praised Erin as “a dedicated professional who strives to add value at every stage of a transaction” and “very knowledgeable and responsive” (Chambers USA 2022).
- Represented an agent bank in a cross-border $350 million senior secured revolving loan to a ski resort operator.
- Represented an oil and gas exploration and production company in a $250 million term loan.
- Represented a sporting goods retailer in multiple amendments to a $75 million revolving credit facility and $110 million subordinated revolving and term loan facility.
- Represented an agent bank in a C$135 million revolving credit facility for a large Canadian-owned crane rental company and subsequent C$172 million refinancing.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $123.5 million term loan to finance the acquisition of a hotel in Hollywood, Florida.
- Represented a technology acquisition, leasing, and management company in an amendment and restatement of its $115 million credit facility.
- Represented an agent bank in a $105 million senior secured term loan for Yankee Stadium Holdings LLC to be used for a portion of the construction costs of Yankee Stadium.
- Represented an agent bank in an $84 million revolving and term loan facility for a large format digital printing company.
- Represented an agent bank in an $80 million second lien term loan for a manufacturer of defense, aerospace, security, and industrial products.
- Represented an agent bank in a $60 million senior secured credit facility for a franchisor of fitness centers.
- Represented an in-home health care services company in amending a $57 million credit facility.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $53 million secured term loan to be used for construction costs of a ski village.
- Represented an oil and gas midstream and marketing/logistics company in an amendment to a $52.5 million credit facility.
- Represented an oil and gas exploration and production company in a $50 million credit facility.
- Represented a distributor of children’s products in amendments to a $42 million senior secured credit facility and a $36.8 million subordinated unsecured term loan.
- Represented a national bank in an amendment and restatement of its $15 million revolving line of credit to a pet toy manufacturer and its over $23 million amendment and restatement of 3 tranches of term loans to an affiliated real estate holding company.
- Represented an oilfield services business in a $35 million credit facility with a $35 million accordion feature.
- Represented a national bank in a $30 million revolving and term loan facility to a multi-national pipeline service company.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in a $29 million credit facility to a pool construction and maintenance company.
- Represented a manufacturer of high tolerance precision machined components in an amendment and restatement of its C$16.5 million/US$20.63 million credit facility.
- Represented a national bank in connection with a $20 million leveraged buyout of a building exteriors installation company.
- Represented a producer, marketer, and distributor of nuts and nut-based products in a $19.85 million credit facility.
- Represented a large regional bank in an over $17 million senior term and revolving credit facility supporting the acquisition of a fabricating and manufacturing company.
Some of these representations were handled by Erin prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation’s Leadership Denver (Class of 2022)
- Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation's Access Denver (Class of Spring 2021)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Denver’s Leadership 20 (Class of 2016)
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Young Americans Center for Financial Education
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Colorado Women's Bar Association
- Recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, in Banking & Finance, 2021-2022
- Selected as a “Top Lawyer – Banking,” 5280 Magazine, 2022
- “Colorado Secured Transactions Under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code: Forms and Practice Manual – Second
Edition,” co-author, 2020, 2021 and 2022 updates.
- “Main Street Lending Program,” author, Colorado Banker Magazine, July/August 2020.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2008, cum laude
B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2002, magna cum laude
Erin Simmons, who handles complex lending transactions for financial clients, has joined Haynes and Boone, LLP as a Denver-based partner in the firm’s Finance Practice. Erin has a broad lending practice representing banks, financial institutions, businesses, and private equity sponsors in structuring and negotiating secured and unsecured loans, bilateral and syndicated loans, cash-flow loans, asse [...]