Logan Weissler is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Dallas office.
Logan concentrates his practice on capital markets transactions, corporate governance, securities law compliance, and public and private mergers and acquisitions. He routinely advises public and private companies and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with initial public offerings, follow on-offerings, high yield, convertible and investment grade notes offerings, acquisition financings, exchange offers, tender offers, redemptions and consent solicitations. He also has extensive experience in transactions involving special purpose acquisitions companies, including initial public offerings and deSPAC transactions, as well as complex restructurings, workouts, and special situations involving distressed businesses and their securities. Logan has advised clients in the energy, infrastructure, financial services, retail, consumer, technology and energy transition sectors. Logan is a Dallas native and is deeply passionate about the North Texas community and its development.
Prior to joining the firm, Logan was an associate with an international firm in their Dallas and Houston offices.
- Brand Engagement Network Inc., a provider of customer engagement AI technology, in its merger with special purpose acquisition company DHC Acquisition Corp. and public listing with an implied equity value of $358 million, as well as a $32.5 million raise of binding PIPE commitments.
- The Beneficient Company Group, L.P., a Dallas-based provider of liquidity, data analytics, custody and trust services to holders of alternative assets, in its merger with special-purpose acquisition company Avalon Acquisition Inc. and public listing with an implied equity value of over $3 billion.
- EQT Corporation, the country’s largest natural gas producer, in various investment grade and convertible notes offerings and associated transactions with an aggregate value of more than $5 billion and multiple equity offerings with an aggregate value of $800 million.
- loanDepot, Inc. in its initial public offering.
- ESGEN Acquisition Corp. in its initial public offering.
- Nine Energy Service, Inc. in its registered offering of units consisting of $300 million in aggregate principal amount of secured notes and 1.5 million shares of common stock.
- Northern Oil and Gas in connection its primary and secondary follow-on offering of an aggregate 10,000,000 shares of common stock for gross proceeds to the company of $190 million as well as its upsized $500 million 144A offering of convertible senior notes and associated capped call and share repurchase transactions.
- Array Technologies, Inc. in its $375 million upsized offering of convertible senior notes to finance its acquisition of STI Norland.
- Bristol Myers Squibb in its $6 billion public offering of senior unsecured notes and concurrent tender offer for several series of its outstanding notes.
- Ares Management Corporation, a leading global alternative investment manager, in its Rules 144A offerings of $500 million of senior notes and $450 million in Fixed-Rate Resettable Subordinated Notes.
- Restaurant Brands International Inc., a multinational fast-food holding company comprised of Burger King, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and Tim Hortons, in various offerings of secured notes in an aggregate amount of over $3.5 billion.
- Civitas Resources in its inaugural 144A/Reg S offering of $400 million in senior unsecured notes.
- Neiman Marcus, the Dallas-based luxury retailer and operator of Bergdorf Goodman, in its upsized $1.1 billion private offering of senior secured notes.
- Encino Acquisition Partners on its inaugural Rule 144A offering of $700 million in senior unsecured notes.
- loanDepot, Inc. in its inaugural offering of $500 million 144A offering of senior notes and its upsized $600 million 144A offering of senior notes.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation in its dual tranche 144A offering of $1 billion in senior notes utilized as exit financing from its Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Pike Corporation, a leading, integrated provider of construction, repair and engineering services for distribution and transmission power lines and substations, in its inaugural Rule 144A/Reg S offering of $500 million of senior notes.
- Clearlake Capital Group in a $400 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of Intertape Polymer Group and a $1.2 billion dual-tranche senior notes offering to finance the merger of ASP Unifrax Holdings and Lydall.
- ACON S2 Acquisition Corp, a special purpose acquisition company, in its business combination with ESS Tech, Inc., a manufacturer of long-duration iron flow batteries for commercial and utility-scale energy storage applications.
- New Providence Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its $1.4 billion business combination with AST & Science, a satellite design and manufacturing company that is build a first-of-its-kind, space-based cellular broadband network.
- Atlas Technical Consultants, a construction engineering firm owned by Bernhard Capital Partners, in its $700 million combination with Boxwood Merger Corp., a special purpose acquisition company.
- Nesco, an industrial equipment rental business owned by Energy Capital Partners, in its $1.1 billion combination with Capitol Investment Corp. IV, a special purpose acquisition company.
- Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. in its $835 million acquisition of Main Event.
- Archaea Energy, Inc. in its $4.1 billion sale to bp p.l.c.
- Various public and private mergers & acquisitions in the energy, infrastructure, and technology sectors.
- J.C. Penney Company, Inc., Service King Paint & Body, Seadrill Limited, Bruin E&P Partners, Jones Energy and Forum Energy Technologies in their respective Chapter 11 cases and liability management transactions.
- Various public companies with SEC compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Various private equity firms, including Magnetar Capital, EIG Global Energy Partners, Clearlake, Trilantic, Blackstone and Bernhard Capital Partners in equity and debt financings, investments and acquisitions.
Some of these representations were handled by Logan prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni Scholarship Winner, 2018
- Securities and Exchange Commission Division of Enforcement, Honors Intern, 2017
- "The Litigation Privilege as a Shelter for Miscreant Legal Counsel, " co-author, 97 Oregon L. Rev. 1 (2018).
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2018, cum laude, Managing Editor, International Law Review Association
B.A., Texas A&M University, 2015
Haynes and Boone, LLP advised Brand Engagement Network Inc. (BEN) in connection with a business combination with special-purpose acquisition company DHC Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: DHCA) and a PIPE financing. The transaction would result in BEN, a provider of personalized customer engagement AI technology, becoming a U.S. publicly listed company with an implied initial enterprise value of approxima [...]