Chris Wolfe leads the Oilfield Services Practice Group and has more than 30 years of experience in representing energy-related businesses. His major areas of experience include mergers and acquisitions, tax and business planning. He served on the U.S. Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Services and Finance Industries for two terms between 2006-2014.
Prior to law school, Chris served as a Surface Warfare Officer in the U.S. Navy for five years.
Chris is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., for Tax Law, 2013-2023 and is AV Peer Review Rated Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- Oilfield Service Company Joint Venture Technology Company Capitalization.
- Private equity funding of an oil and gas company.
- Sale of an oilfield component manufacturer.
- Structuring equity raise for exploration and production company (lower 48).
- Structuring enhanced oil recovery company (lower 48).
- Representing technology company entering Canadian heavy oil market.
- Sale of a specialty oilfield bearing manufacturer.
- 31st Annual Energy Law Institute Planning Committee
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- Department of Energy - National Energy Laboratories EIR Merit Review Committee
- Department of Commerce and the United States Trade Representative - Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Services and Finance Industries
- State Bar of Texas
- Board of Directors, Girl Scouts - San Jacinto Council
- "Overview of Midstream," LSU Journal of Energy Law and Resources’ Disruptive Technologies Conference, Louisiana State University, February 23, 2018.
- “Oil and Gas Federal Income Tax,” speaker, Annual Energy Law Institute, South Texas College of Law, 2010.
- “Changes to the Taxation of Oil and Gas,” author, Houston Bar Journal, 2010.
- Oil and Gas Taxation,” speaker, Advanced Oil and Gas Short Course, University of Houston, 1999-2009.
- “Oil, Gas and Energy Law Taxation of Energy Projects,” speaker, University of Houston, 2007.
M.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1984
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1984, with honors
B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1975, with honors
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]
Haynes and Boone Releases Fall 2019 Energy Roundup and Borrowing Base Redeterminations SurveyOctober 03, 2019