Benchmark Litigation U.S. has included two Haynes and Boone, LLP practices – Insurance and Labor and Employment – and 10 partners in its 2019 list of the nation’s leading litigation firms and lawyers.
Haynes and Boone’s Insurance Recovery Practice Group ranked among the leading insurance practices nationwide in the 2019 Benchmark U.S. directory, which is published by Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. Additionally, Haynes and Boone was ranked as one of 16 “recommended” litigation firms in Texas, and the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group ranked among the top such practices in the state.
Many Haynes and Boone litigators were also singled out for recognition, including three partners who were included in the Benchmark Litigation U.S. ranking for the first time.
New additions to the Benchmark Litigation list are:
- Micah Skidmore, partner in the firm’s Insurance Recovery Practice Group, was named “Local Litigation Star” in Insurance.
- Leslie Thorne, partner and co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group, was named “Local Litigation Star” in General Commercial and Insurance.
- Barry Buchman, partner in the Insurance Recovery Practice Group, was ranked as a "National Practice Area Star" and “Local Litigation Star.”
- Matthew Thomas Deffebach, partner and chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group, was named “Labor & Employment Star - South and West.”
- Laura O'Donnell, partner and co-chair of the Litigation Practice Group, was named a “Labor & Employment Star - South.”
Five other Haynes and Boone partners were named to the list again in 2019:
- Nina Cortell, partner in the firm’s Appellate Practice Group, was named “Local Litigation Star” and “2018 Top 250 Women in Litigation” in Appellate, General Commercial and Securities practices.
- Andrew Ehmke, partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group, was named a Future Star in 2018.
- Lynne Liberato, partner in the firm’s Appellate Practice Group, was named “Local Litigation Star” in Appellate.
- Michelle Scheffler, partner and commercial litigator in the oil and gas arena, was ranked in the 2018 “40 & Under Hot List” for General Commercial and Oil and Gas.
- Mark Trachtenberg, partner in the firm’s Appellate Practice, was named a “Future Star” in 2019.
To see the full list of Haynes and Boone attorney and firm rankings, click here.
The 2019 edition of Benchmark Litigation U.S. was compiled by researchers who conducted extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify the leading litigators and firms. During these client and peer interviews, researchers examined recent casework handled by law firms and individual litigators and asked litigators to offer their professional opinions on peers.
Haynes and Boone is an international corporate law firm with offices in Texas, New York, California, Chicago, Denver, Washington, D.C., London, Mexico City and Shanghai, providing a full spectrum of legal services in energy, technology, financial services and private equity. With more than 575 lawyers, Haynes and Boone is ranked among the largest U.S.-based firms by The National Law Journal, The American Lawyer and The Lawyer.