Henson Adams is focused on counseling and defending clients in labor and employment and business matters. Henson takes a results-driven approach. Although he foremost believes in helping clients reduce risk of conflict, Henson is ready to fight for clients when a dispute does arise. He has represented clients in employment, environmental, and commercial litigation in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Henson graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law, where he enjoyed success on moot court and mock trial teams. He also interned for the Texas Supreme Court and U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Before practicing law, Henson taught algebra at an at-risk high school. The problem solving and communication skills Henson developed through teaching have translated into his legal practice.
- Board Member, Dress for Success San Antonio
- Member, San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- Recognized as a Rising San Antonio Star by San Antonio Scene Magazine, 2020-2021
- “CARES Act Relief Checklist: Considerations in Deciding What Relief is Right for Your Business,” co-author, April 6, 2020.
- “Relief for Employers and Workers under the CARES Act,” co-author, March 29, 2020.
- "A Company's #MeToo Moment," co-author, Texas Lawyer, April 1, 2018.
- "Cybersecurity Planning: When (not if) a data breach occurs, will you be ready to respond?" speaker, University of Texas, School of Law Conference, Austin, Texas, February 23, 2018.
- “Social Media in the Workplace,” speaker, Central Texas Chapter of TSCPA’s CPE Expo, Waco, Texas, May 24, 2017.
- “Applying Employment Law to Employee Situations: What Do I Do?,” speaker, Employment Law Update, San Antonio, Texas, April 19, 2017.
- “OSHA’s Proposed Changes to Lockout/Tagout Rule Issued,” co-author, Lexology, December 14, 2016.
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2016, with honors; Order of Barristers; Managing Editor, Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law
B.B.A., Oklahoma Christian University, 2011, magna cum laude
Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Jeffrey S. Boyd, The Supreme Court of Texas, 2015
Judicial Intern to the Honorable Judge Craig A. Gargotta, The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas, 2014
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Seventy-five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are included in the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” directory this month. The Ones to Watch distinction is given to attorneys early in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the U.S. Nominated by peers in the industry, Ones to Watch recipients have been in practice for five to nine years. The fol [...]