Sharon Baldasare is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes Boone, and represents commercial landlords and tenants in all aspects of leasing. Clients rely on Sharon for her understanding of their business needs and goals and her ability to handle a high volume of complex commercial leasing work.
Sharon has developed particular experience in negotiating a variety of lease transactions on behalf of tenants for office, retail and industrial locations in the New York City metropolitan area and throughout the country. In addition to representing two Fortune 500 companies in all aspects of their corporate facility/leasing needs, Sharon also regularly represents tenants from a range of industries—including news media, publishing, television/movie production, telecommunications and sports and entertainment—with respect to their commercial leasing matters.
Clients trust Sharon to efficiently and effectively structure, negotiate, and complete their lease transactions, drawing on her substantial experience to identify and propose resolutions to issues that are acceptable to all parties involved in a transaction.
- Represented a major telecommunications provider in connection with its corporate headquarters lease of over 100,000 square feet in Long Island City, NY, as well as in connection with its nationwide retail expansion (consisting of the negotiation of 75 retail leases between 2020-2022).
- Represented a local media company in connection with the decommissioning of its printing facilities and the leasing of over 130,000 square feet of office space on Long Island.
- Represented a television/film company in connection with its leasing of production locations (most recently, approximately 100,000 square feet of studio space in Chicago, 135,000 square feet of warehouse/production space in Richmond, VA and 100,000 square feet of warehouse/production space in the Boston metro area).
- Represented an entertainment company in connection with its corporate headquarters lease of over 400,000 square feetin midtown Manhattan.
- Represented the MTA in the initial lease-up of the retail space at Grand Central Terminal, including several leases to various markets and restaurants.
- Represented a sports arena in connection with a lease of restaurant and patio space to a well-known hospitality group.
J.D., Wake Forest University, 2005, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
B.A., University of Dayton, 2002, summa cum laude
The recent receiverships of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank (the “Former Banks”), and the transfer of all contracts and deposits of Silicon Valley Bank to Silicon Valley Bridge Bank, N.A. (“SVB Bridge Bank”) and of Signature Bank to Signature Bridge Bank, N.A. (“Signature Bridge Bank”, and, together with SVB Bridge Bank, the “Bridge Banks”), is an evolving situation based on rapidly changin [...]