Dina Blikshteyn is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the New York office of Haynes and Boone. Dina’s practice focuses on post grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, preparing and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications, as well as handling trademark and other IP disciplines.
Dina is a co-chair of the artificial intelligence practice at Haynes and Boone.
Dina focuses her patent practice on technology areas. Illustrative areas include artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud computing, cyber security, web applications, map and navigation applications, point-of-sale systems, computer graphics, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, client-server applications, CPU/GPU processor design, operating systems, mobile technologies, databases, database optimization, multimedia and video streaming, financial trading products, banking software, computerized auction software, healthcare systems, Internet systems, advertising software, wireless communication systems and applications, telecommunications systems, marketing applications, industrial control systems (ICS), cable systems, and smart grid and micro grid technologies.
In addition to her patent work, Dina is a member of Haynes and Boone’s trademark group, and Dina’s trademark practice encompasses a wide variety of worldwide trademark searching, clearance, prosecution, and related counseling matters in a diverse number of industries.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Dina developed high-frequency trading systems that traded financial instruments on domestic and international exchanges.
- "Immersive Technologies and The Future of Entertainment," panelist, Artificial Intelligence Masters™ 2023 Program, IP Watchdog, March 8, 2023.
- "What the Patent Bar is Saying About the USPTO’s Call for Comments on AI Inventorship," co-author, IPWatchdog, February 19, 2023.
- "AI and Drug Development: IP Implications for Protecting AI Discoveries," speaker, IP Watchdog LIVE, September, 12 2022.
- "How To Navigate Patent Eligibility Of AI-Driven Diagnostics," co-author, Med Device Online, July 28, 2022.
- "Protecting Your Artificial Intelligence Innovations," co-author, Wine Industry Advisor, June 29, 2022.
- "Are Artificial Intelligence Technologies a Game Changer for Patents in Finance?," co-author, The Patent Lawyer, June 27, 2022.
- "How to Navigate the Patenting Challenges Of AI-Assisted Drug Discovery," co-author, Pharmaceutical Online, June 17, 2022.
- "After West Texas Ruling, Patenting AI Could be More Nuanced," co-author, Law360, February 23, 2022.
- "Protecting Artificial Intelligence Inventions in Drug Development," co-author, BioProcess International, December 16, 2021.
- "What is limiting the autonomous driving rollout?," co-author, Autonomous Driving, November 16, 2021.
- "Where We Are on AI Inventorship and Where We Should be Heading," co-author, IPWatchdog, October 12, 2021.
- "Considering Short- And Long-Term Effects Of COVID IP Waiver," co-author, Law360, August 11, 2021.
- "Understanding Law Firm Resources," co-author, Bloomberg Law, August 2021.
- "AI Systems and Drafting Patents: Enablement and Inventorship," speaker, Strafford Webinar, April 22, 2021.
- "Law Firms are Looking for Tech-Savvy Lawyers: What That Means to Law Students," co-author, Legaltech News, March 31, 2021.
- "COVID Testing and Patentability," co-author, Bloomberg Law, March 8, 2021
- "The More You Know: Living in an AI World," speaker, Haynes and Boone, LLP CLE Webinar, September 24, 2020.
- "How Artificial Intelligence Tools Impact the Legal Practice: What every attorney needs to know," speaker, myLawCLE Webinar, October 29, 2020.
- "How AI and Machine Learning are transforming law firms and the legal sector," speaker, 3rd World Legal AI Summit, Luxatia International, October 9, 2020.
- "AI Invents But Can’t Be an Inventor. So Now What?," co-author, LegalTech News, August 31, 2020.
- "Brave New World: How AI Tools Are Used in the Legal Sector," co-author, LegalTech News, August 12, 2020.
- "The Ethics Of Using Chatbots For Legal Services," co-author, Law360, August 3, 2020.
- "Navigating A New Realm: AI and Patent Law," co-author, LegalTech News, July 16, 2020.
- "Navigating a New Realm: AI and Law," presenter, Haynes and Boone LLP Patent Prosecution and Patent Trials Grp. Mtg., Chicago, IL (Apr. 21, 2020).
J.D., Rutgers School of Law Newark, 2009
B.S., Computer and Electrical Engineering, Rutgers University School of Engineering, 2001, with high honors
Clerk to the Honorable Sebastian Lombardi, New Jersey Civil Court - Special Civil Part
District of Columbia
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Haynes and Boone, LLP is proud to promote 16 lawyers to its partnership ranks, effective Jan. 1. The 2023 New Partner Class includes: D.J. Beaty, Brent Beckert, Valisa Berber-Thayer, Dina Blikshteyn, Zach Burnett, Tiffany Cooke, Natalie DuBose, Christopher Konopka, Joseph Lawlor, Charlene Liu, Garrett Martin, Mike McArthur, Taryn McDonald, Chase A.M. Proctor, Matt S. Stewart, and Scott Thompson. [...]
Dina Blikshteyn in World IP Review: ‘USPTO director reviews: Did OpenSky prompt a rethink?’November 29, 2022