Jordan Chavez is an associate in the Restructuring Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. Since joining the firm, she has represented debtors, secured creditors, and unsecured creditors in a wide range of corporate restructurings. Jordan has experience in a broad range of industries, including retail, energy, healthcare, construction, and lodging. Jordan has served as counsel to chapter 11 debtors and has assisted secured creditors with in- and out-of court workouts, bankruptcy litigation, and counterparty insolvency.
Professional and Community Activities
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section: VP – Communications and Publication
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section: Young Lawyer’s Committee Vice Chair
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers: Membership Committee
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court
Selected Publications and Speeches
- “Prepackaged Retail Cases in the Post-Amazon and COVID-19 Era,” co-author and panelist, 14th Annual Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, April 2021.
- “Increased U.S. Trustee Fees: As Inevitable as Death and Taxes?” co-author, 38th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, November 2019.
- “Trailblazing an Industry: The Potential Effects and Defects of Autonomous Vehicles and the Need for Legislation in Texas,” author, 49 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 903, 2017.
B.A., Texas Tech University, 2015, magna cum laude
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2018, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Texas Tech Law Review; Board 50, Order of Barristers, National Order of Scribes
Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Chief Bankruptcy Judge Ronald B. King, 2018�2019
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team led by Partner Ian Peck has been honored by the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) for its representation of Tuesday Morning Corporation in its successful reorganization and emergence from Chapter 11. Haynes Boone received the 2021 Large Company Turnaround/Transaction of the Year Award. The TMA Turnaround and Transaction Awards, among the most well known in the r [...]