Jordan Chavez is an associate in the Restructuring Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. Since joining the firm, she has represented debtors, secured creditors, and unsecured creditors in a wide range of corporate restructurings. Jordan has experience in a broad range of industries, including cryptocurrency, restaurant, retail, energy, healthcare, construction, and lodging. Jordan has served as counsel to chapter 11 debtors and has assisted secured creditors with in and out of court workouts, bankruptcy litigation, and counterparty insolvency.
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section: VP – Communications and Publication, 2022-2024
- State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section: Young Lawyers Committee Chair, 2022-2023
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers: Membership Committee
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023-2024
- "Crypto Assets in Bankruptcy," co-author and panelist, 2023 State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar, June 6, 2023.
- “Prepackaged Retail Cases in the Post-Amazon and COVID-19 Era,” co-author and panelist, 14th Annual Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, April 2021.
- “Increased U.S. Trustee Fees: As Inevitable as Death and Taxes?” co-author, 38th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, November 2019.
- “Trailblazing an Industry: The Potential Effects and Defects of Autonomous Vehicles and the Need for Legislation in Texas,” author, 49 Tex. Tech. L. Rev. 903, 2017.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2018, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Texas Tech Law Review; Board 50, Order of Barristers, National Order of Scribes
B.A., Texas Tech University, 2015, magna cum laude
Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Chief Bankruptcy Judge Ronald B. King, 2018 & 2019
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
A multi-disciplinary team of 95 lawyers and business professionals from Haynes and Boone, LLP assisted BlockFi in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy plan confirmation. The United States Bankruptcy Court District of New Jersey confirmed the plan in late September, and it became effective on Oct. 24. Haynes Boone’s counsel of BlockFi dates back more than six years, prior to the digital asset lender’s incorpo [...]