LeAnn Chen is a partner in the Finance Practice Group and a member of the International Practice Group. LeAnn represents banks, multi-national corporations, hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity funds, and broker-dealers in a wide range of business transactions, including syndicated financing, cross-border investments, margin lending, prime brokerage, swap transactions, securitizations, and DIP financing, etc. LeAnn regularly advises clients on issues related to secured transactions, securities credit regulations, and cross-border investments.
LeAnn’s financial transaction experience includes:
- Representing the lead agent in a $3.4 billion multi-currency, cross-border revolving credit facility to a multi-national corporation.
- Representing a number of investment banks in margin loans in excess of $4 billion to various investment companies and hedge funds.
- Representing lead agents in subscription credit facilities in excess of $3 billion.
- Representing a multi-national corporation in a $2 billion securitization transaction.
- Representing a national bank in a $1.5 billion variable funding notes facility to a hedge fund group.
- Representing broker-dealers and other financial institutions in ISDA IA Segregation matters.
- Representing lenders in work-outs as well as mezzanine and DIP facilities.
Professional and Community Activities
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- US China Law Society
Master of Law, Beijing University, 1994
B.A., Beijing University, 1991
M.A., Vanderbilt University, 2000
J.D., Washington University in St Louis, 2003
Haynes and Boone, LLP Partners Craig Unterberg and LeAnn Chen have co-authored a chapter in the International Comparative Legal Guide’s (ICLG) 2019 treatise on international lending and secured financing laws. Published by the Global Legal Group, the book deals with common issues in lending and secured finance laws and regulations — including guarantees, collateral security, financial assistance, [...]