Sakina Rasheed Foster represents borrowers and financial institutions in complex commercial loan transactions as well as airline and aviation matters. Private equity firms, corporate entities, banks, direct lenders, and individuals seek Sakina’s advice in connection with senior and subordinated financing, including syndicated and single bank loan facilities, acquisition financings, asset-based lending and debtor-in-possession financing.
Airline clients turn to Sakina to draft and negotiate complex regional flying arrangements, and to advise them in matters related to loyalty programs, premium customer experiences, and corporate services arrangements. She has represented American Airlines, Inc. in connection with various capacity purchase agreements and related arrangements.
A trusted advisor to her clients, Sakina works diligently to understand their businesses and crafts practical solutions to suit their needs. Her business acumen was recognized by D CEO (D Magazine Partners), which selected her as one of the region’s most influential business leaders in 2020 and 2021. She was also named one of D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas” in banking & finance in 2020 and 2021 (D Magazine Partners), and was featured in the 2020 edition of Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters). When she’s not serving clients, Sakina serves on the board of Texas Women's Foundation and volunteers with the affiliated Orchid Giving Circle.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- "Unencumbered Assets Lead to Unique Issues in E&P Bankruptcies," co-author, Headnotes, July 2016.
- Represented Tuesday Morning in connection with two separate debtor-in-possession loan facilities that provided access of up to $125 million to finance operations during its bankruptcy case and two exit loan facilities totaling $150 million.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a Canadian cosmetics brand focused on false eyelashes.
- Represented oilfield services company in connection with debtor-in-possession and exit financing.
- Represented Administrative Agent in multi-million dollar construction loan for large entertainment facility.
- Represented Administrative Agent and Lender in connection with multiple mortgage warehouse loans and loans secured by mortgage servicing rights.
- Represented private equity fund client in connection with acquisition, and related senior secured financing, for skincare line.
- Represented Valesco Fund II in its majority buyout (and related acquisition financing) of BARRIER1 SYSTEMS, INC.
- Represented Blucora, Inc. in securing a $175,000,000 incremental term loan to finance the acquisition of HK Financial Services, a CPA-focused, captive registered investment advisor.
- Represented public insurance agency in the amendment and restatement of a $105mm syndicated credit facility.
- Represented American Airlines, Inc. in negotiation of regional flying arrangement between American Airlines, Inc. and another carrier, which involved a Capacity Purchase Agreement (CPA), aircraft and engine leases between American Airlines, as lessor, and the regional carrier, as lessee, bailment agreements and maintenance agreements.
- Assisted with representation of a private equity firm in its acquisition of a manufacturer of specialty paper and related acquisition financing of $21.5 million of senior and $10 million of senior subordinated loans secured by real and personal property.
- Assisted with representation of AMR Corporation, parent company of American Airlines and American Eagle, in its selection and purchase of General Electric GEnx engines for its future fleet of Boeing 787-9 aircraft.
- Assisted with representation of a private investor group in its acquisition of a chain of liquor stores and the restructuring and assumption of a related $33 million acquisition financing line of credit secured by real and personal property.
- Assisted with representation of a private equity firm in its acquisition of Kansas' largest oilfield supply company and related acquisition financing of $21.5 million of senior secured and $6.5 million of senior subordinated secured loans.
- Assisted with representation of a distributor of home-related furnishings and products in connection with a $43.5 million asset based loan comprised of a senior secured revolving credit and term loan facility.
- Assisted with representation of a leading provider of cathodic protection systems and engineering services in connection with a US $16.675 million and CAN $12.325 million senior secured asset based revolving credit facility.
- Assisted with representation of a leading processor of Medicare Part B claims reimbursement for pharmacies, managed care and commercial organizations in connection with a $13 million senior secured and $6 million subordinated secured loan.
- Acted as counsel to a lender in the documentation of a $15 million secured revolving credit facility to a commercial real estate company.
- Represented a prominent regional bank in negotiating, documenting and closing a secured term loan and revolving credit facility to a pharmaceutical company.
- Assisted with representation of a prominent Texas family office in connection with a proposed loan facility secured by structured settlements.
- Assisted with formation of the first privately-sponsored investment fund focused on the development of a secondary market for mortgage and micro-loans originated in Latin America.
- Texas Women's Foundation Women's Leadership Institute, Member of Cohort 1
- Women’s Leadership Council, Co-Chair, 2022-2023
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellows Committee Chair, 2021
- Equal Access to Justice Campaign for the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, Co-Chair, 2017-2018
- Board Member, Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association, Former President and Director
- Dallas Bar Association Board, Former Director and Secretary-Treasurer
- Leadership Dallas Member, Class of 2016
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation Fellow
- Dallas Bar Association Fellow
- State Bar of Texas LeadershipSBOT, Class of 2013-2014
- American Muslim Professionals of Dallas, Former Advisory Director
- State Bar of Texas Lawyers’ Assistance Program Committee, Former Vice-Chair
- Featured in D CEO Magazine's Dallas 500, D Magazine Partners, as one of the "most influential leaders in North Texas," 2020
- Recognized by The National Diversity Council as one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers - Dallas, 2017
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2018
- Recognized in Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, Banking, 2020 & 2022
- Recognized among the Up-and-Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Recognized as a Best Lawyer in Dallas by D Magazine, D Magazine Partners, for Banking and Finance, 2016, 2019-2022
- Recipient of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2015
- Asian Pacific Interest Section of the State Bar of Texas Outstanding Mentor Award, 2015
- Named to the Lawyers of Color "First Annual Hot List" by Lawyers of Color LLC, 2013
J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2003
B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 2000, cum laude
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team represented Dallas private equity firm Valesco Industries in its investment in Silver Street, Inc., d/b/a mediatechnologies (“MediaTech”), a premier, custom, and semi-custom furniture manufacturer producing furniture for the K-12 education market. Haynes Boone represented the Valesco team in connection with its acquisition of MediaTech and the debt financing to consumm [...]