Matthew Frankle focuses his practice on secured lending and equity derivative transactions. The lending transactions are syndicated or bilateral loans generally secured by concentrated listed stock positions or hedge fund interests. The equity derivative transactions are often variable delivery forward or collar / loan financing transactions.
In addition, Matthew advises major financial institutions on structured products involving proprietary indices.
Moreover, as the market for cryptocurrency and digital assets has expanded, Matthew consults on lending transactions where cryptocurrency is used as collateral.
Matthew began his career as a securities / capital markets attorney at Sullivan & Cromwell and later practiced at several major investment banking institutions. Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Matthew was a partner in Greenberg Traurig’s finance department in New York.
- Recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers and Partners, for Derivatives (Nationwide), 2021
- Recognized in Chambers Global, Chambers and Partners, 2022.
- Recognized in Legal 500 U.S., Legalease, for Structured Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products, 2021
- Represented Royal Bank of Canada in connection with approximately $175 million monetization of Newmark Group Inc’s earnout shares of Nasdaq Inc. via a post-paid forward transaction.
- Represented Bank of America in connection with $195 million secured loan over hedge fund interests.
- "Financing Bitcoin: The Problem of Actual Delivery," co-author, Law360, January 18, 2018
- "Wage Garnishments in Bankruptcy: Riddervold Revisited," author, 21 Cardozo L. Rev. 927, 1999
B.A., Mathematics, State University of New York at Albany, 1993
J.D., Benjamin Cardozo Law School, 2000, magna cum laude; Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
Intern to the Hon. Jerome Feller, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1998
Six Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are ranked in the 2022 edition of the Chambers Global directory of the leading providers of legal services in the international marketplace. Chambers is one of the world's leading legal research companies, developing rankings and offering insight about law firms across 200 jurisdictions. Chambers researchers praised Haynes Boone and the ranked lawyers, who were [...]