Lenders and borrowers turn to Scott to structure, negotiate, and document syndicated credit facilities, bilateral facilities, second lien and subordinated debt financings, as well as loan restructures and workouts involving complex energy, C&I, and real estate finance matters. His representations include a $2.6 billion equivalent global credit facility to a publicly traded real estate investment trust (REIT) involving U.S., Canada, Euro, Japan, Korea, and China tranches. Scott also represented an Agent in a $170 million reserve-based facility to private energy investment fund secured by producing properties in Texas and Oklahoma.
Scott has been recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in banking and finance law by The Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White, Inc.) 2021-2023, which previously recognized him as a “Best Lawyer” in bank lending. In past years, he was cited as a “Rising Star” by Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) and named a “Best Lawyer” by D Magazine (D Magazine Partners).
Scott is a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, ADAM Energy Forum, and the Federalist Society. He previously served for three years on the board of directors of the Suicide & Crisis Center of North Texas, for five years on the City of University Park’s Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee, and for three years on the board of directors and as legal counsel for the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce.
Commercial and Real Estate Finance
- US $2.6 billion equivalent global credit facility to publicly traded REIT involving U.S., Canada, Euro, Japan, Korea, and China tranches.
- Real estate development, sale-leaseback, subleasing, acquisition and disposition of income producing properties and corporate headquarters.
- $1.5 billion revolving credit and letter of credit facilities to publicly traded national homebuilder.
- $1.21 billion revolving credit facility to publicly traded national homebuilder.
- $1.1 billion credit facility to publicly traded resort management company.
- Structuring and negotiating, on behalf of individual lenders and multi-jurisdictional bank syndicates, credit facilities to private equity funds, real estate development companies, and real estate investment trusts (REITs), and advising on related issues.
- $450 million revolving credit facility to publicly traded national homebuilder.
- $400 million multi-year revolving credit facility and $100 million 364-day multicurrency revolving credit facility to publicly traded real estate investment trust.
- $320 million advancing term loan facility to facilitate acquisition financing and refinancing of publicly traded senior notes secured by multiple hotel properties.
- Representation of borrowers and lenders in dozens of commercial and industrial middle market revolving and term loan facilities ranging from $3 million to $100 million.
- Representation of real estate partnership in the acquisition of multiple commercial properties and the assumption of multiple conduit loans secured thereby.
- Representation of Agent in $250 million facility secured by producing properties in Kansas, Oklahoma, North Dakota and Texas.
- Representation of energy lenders in bank facilities ($5 million to $150 million) in connection with secured reserve based oil and gas production loans.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with the bankruptcy exit financing of an oil and gas company operating in the Eagle Ford.
- Representation of agent in revolving credit and term facility for the roll up of multiple Texas based oil field service companies.
- Representation of lender in multiple reserve based credit facilities to independent producers of oil and gas properties in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, New York, and North Dakota.
- Representation of corporation engaged in the drilling and completion of offshore oil and gas wells in connection with its $150 million senior credit facility.
J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 1998, cum laude, Phi Delta Phi, Order of the Lytae
B.B.A., University of Oklahoma, 1995
Haynes and Boone, LLP had another impressive showing in The Best Lawyers in America directory published by Woodward/White, Inc., with a cross section of lawyers from offices across the country recognized in the 2022 edition. The guide includes more than 100 firm lawyers from the Austin, Charlotte, Chicago, Costa Mesa, Dallas, Dallas-North, Denver, Fort Worth, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Anto [...]