Tania Khatibifar is an associate in the Real Estate Practice Group in the New York office.
Tania’s practice focuses on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including sales and acquisitions, financings (both borrower and lender-side representation), preferred equity investments, joint ventures, ground leases, and restructurings. She regularly represents publicly-traded REITs, closely-held real estate companies, private equity funds, local developers, and individuals in projects across the country. Tania also has secondary market experience representing banks and non-bank financial institutions as issuers, loan sellers, underwriters, and investors in connection with public and private offerings of commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS).
With her breadth of experience, Tania understands the concerns of all stakeholders in a given transaction, which helps her advocate effectively on behalf of her clients while establishing credibility with others at the table.
Tania regularly devotes time to a broad range of pro bono matters.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- Note, The Need for a Patent-Centric Standard of Antitrust Review to Evaluate Reverse Payment Settlements, 23 FORDHAM INTELL. PROP. MEDIA & ENT. L.J. 1351 (2013).
- Over $200 million total invested in numerous preferred equity investment transactions in multifamily properties nationwide.
- $100 million sale of a multifamily residential development located in the Midwest.
- $100 million senior mortgage loan acquisition financing of a residential condominium development located near Chicago.
- $92 million construction and mezzanine loan restructuring of a retail and office property located in Times Square in New York City.
- $35 million senior mortgage refinancing of an office and industrial park located in California.
- $30 million sale of a ground lease interest in retail property located in downtown Manhattan, New York City.
- Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2022 *No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. See Award Methodology.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2014, cum laude
B.B.A., George Washington University, 2010, magna cum laude
Eleven Haynes and Boone, LLP’s lawyers are included in the 2022 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars directories. Published annually by Thomson Reuters, Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations of lawyers in [...]