Tania Khatibifar is an associate in the Real Estate Practice Group in the New York office.
Tania’s practice focuses on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including sales and acquisitions, financings (both borrower and lender-side representation), preferred equity investments, joint ventures, ground leases, and restructurings. She regularly represents publicly-traded REITs, closely-held real estate companies, private equity funds, local developers, and individuals in projects across the country. Tania also has experience with commercial real estate capital markets transactions and has represented banks and non-bank financial institutions as issuers, loan sellers, underwriters, and investors in connection with public and private offerings of commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS). With her breadth of experience, Tania understands the concerns of all stakeholders in a given transaction, which helps her advocate effectively on behalf of her clients while establishing credibility with others at the table.
Tania was honored with the “Outstanding Young Lawyer Award” by the New York State Bar Association in 2023. She was also recognized as a New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Star by Thomson Reuters in 2022.
Tania maintains an active pro bono practice, and has successfully obtained asylum for clients fleeing from persecution, including a Garifuna family in deportation proceedings that endured years of persecution in Honduras.
Selected Publications and Speeches
- Note, The Need for a Patent-Centric Standard of Antitrust Review to Evaluate Reverse Payment Settlements, 23 FORDHAM INTELL. PROP. MEDIA & ENT. L.J. 1351 (2013).
- Over $200 million total invested in numerous preferred equity investment transactions in multifamily properties nationwide.
- $100 million sale of a multifamily residential development located in the Midwest.
- $100 million senior mortgage loan acquisition financing of a residential condominium development located near Chicago.
- $92 million construction and mezzanine loan restructuring of a retail and office property located in Times Square in New York City.
- $35 million senior mortgage refinancing of an office and industrial park located in California.
- $30 million sale of a ground lease interest in retail property located in downtown Manhattan, New York City.
- Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, New York State Bar Association, 2023. See Award Methodology.
- Selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2022. See Award Methodology.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2014, cum laude
B.B.A., George Washington University, 2010, magna cum laude
Haynes and Boone, LLP New York Associates Tania Khatibifar and Fernando Mendez* successfully represented a Honduran mother and three of her children in deportation proceedings. In April, the family won asylum in New York Immigration Court. The family are Garifuna, an Afro-indigenous group that faces severe discrimination, violence and persecution in Honduras. Tania first met the family in 2019 and [...]
New York State Bar Association Presents Tania Khatibifar with 2023 Outstanding Young Lawyer AwardJanuary 24, 2023
11 Haynes Boone Lawyers Featured in 2022 New York Super Lawyers, Rising Stars DirectoriesOctober 07, 2022
Haynes and Boone Team Creates Voting FAQs for Feeding America Network of Food Bank ClientsOctober 27, 2020