Aleksandra Kopec is a partner in the Finance Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Charlotte office.
Her practice focuses on representing lenders and borrowers in a variety of finance transactions, including leveraged finance, acquisition financings, cross-border facilities, capital call facilities, NAV facilities and other fund finance products. Aleks’ significant experience in both leveraged finance and funds finance allows her to have unique insight in multiple financial markets. Her extensive experience in the finance market, starting in New York and continuing in Charlotte, has shaped Aleks into a thoughtful practitioner who prides herself in the strength of her relationship with clients.
- Advised agent and primary lender on a revolving and term loan facility to a large healthcare provider.
- Advised agent on a subscription loan credit facility to a private equity fund with over two hundred investors in the collateral pool.
- Advised large financial institution on a massive vehicle floorplan facility to a large corporate borrower.
- Advised private credit institution as agent for a revolving and term loan facility to a sponsor-backed borrower.
Some of these representations were handled by Aleks prior to joining Haynes Boone.
- Alexander Youth Network
- Women in Fund Finance
- Fund Finance Association
- Recognized in “40 under 40” by Charlotte Business Journal, 2021
- "Fund Finance Insights: Trends in Facility Tenors," co-author, Haynes Boone client alert, August 10, 2023.
- "Fund Finance Insights: Trends in Facility Sizes," co-author, Haynes Boone client alert, July 31, 2023.
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2007
B.A., History and Psychology, Yale University, 2004
Haynes and Boone, LLP released its first-ever Fund Finance Annual Report, which revealed an industry cautiously optimistic about growth despite facing headwinds, including rising interest rates and market disruptions. Click Here to Download Full Report Even after the turbulent market of 2023, marked by March madness bank failures and SOFR climbing more than 100bps, 74% of banks, sponsors and law f [...]