Ronan McCann is a partner in the Investment Management Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s London office.
His practice focuses on advising clients on a wide range of investment fund-related work, including the launch of new closed-ended funds and the creation of investment management businesses, carried-interest schemes, co-investment opportunities and limited-partner advisory mandates.
Ronan is a dual-qualified lawyer (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) and has a breadth of international legal experience both onshore and offshore, having worked in the U.K., Channel Islands and Hong Kong.
- Advising Kindred Capital in relation to the launch of three institutional funds, which are supported with capital from institutional investors including British Patient Capital, and which are focused on investing in high potential tech companies
- Advising Isomer Capital on: (i) the launch of its first, second and third Luxembourg based VC fund of funds; (ii) the launch of its UK-based investment management company (and related carry structures); and (iii) the formation of a new flexible single-LP fund
- Advising Wilshire Associates in relation to the launch of a Luxembourg based VC fund of funds (which is supported by British Business Investments)
- Advising Octopus Ventures in relation to the launch of a UK-based pre-seed fund investing in a range of technology companies
- Advising 4BIO Capital on the launch of its second and third VC funds which invest in venture capital and public equities in life sciences focusing on gene, cell and RNA-based therapies
- Advising Counteract Partners on the launch of a “dark green” (EU Article 9 SFDR) fund which invests in companies which have the potential to catalyse 500 million tonnes or more of CO2e removal by 2050
- Advising Entrepreneur First (EF) on the launch of four UK funds, aiding EF to scale its investment programme on a global basis with each fund having an investment strategy of making investments in companies which “graduate” from EF’s start-up programme
- Advising Zero Carbon Capital on the launch of a UK fund which invests in companies that focus on building and commercialising technologies that will accelerate the global net-zero transition
- Advising Semantic Ventures, on the launch of a number of funds and co-investment structures, which are domiciled in the UK and Guernsey, and which invest in digital assets
- Advising numerous institutional investors, family offices and corporates on investments into open and closed ended investment funds
Some of these representations were handled by Ronan prior to his joining Haynes Boone.
- "Spin-Outs Keep Private Equity Relevant," co-author, Private Equity News, 2016.
Graduate Diploma, Professional Legal Studies, Queen's University Belfast, 2012
LL.B., Law with Politics, Queen's University Belfast, 2010
England and Wales and Northern Ireland
A team of lawyers from Haynes and Boone, LLP’s London office has represented Par Equity, a leading Edinburgh-based venture capital firm, in the successful £67 million first close of Par Equity Ventures I LP (the Fund). Par Equity will continue raising further capital to close out the full £100m target fund size. The Fund will invest in innovative technology companies with high-growth potential in [...]