Arsalan Muhammad is a member of the Restructuring Practice Group in the firm's Houston office. Arsalan’s practice focuses on bankruptcy and restructurings, including related financings, acquisitions, and litigation. His experience includes the representation of Chapter 11 and 15 debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, as well as other parties-in-interest in a variety of business restructuring matters. Arsalan has also represented purchasers in acquiring assets and companies in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcies. Arsalan advises borrowers and lenders with respect to counterparty risks and out-of-court restructurings.
Arsalan’s restructuring experience includes representation of debtors and purchasers in a variety of industries, including aerospace, commodities, E&P, gas storage facilities, oilfield services, television and radio, pharmaceuticals, restaurant, software, technology and utilities. Arsalan regularly represents financial institutions, including banks, private equity funds, and other lenders.
Arsalan also worked on a team of attorneys in a transaction involving Landry’s, Inc. that was awarded the 2018 Global M&A Network Turnaround Atlas Award.
Arsalan is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and member of the Board of Directors of the Houston Chapter of Turnaround Management Association.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2022
- Representation of Zenith Bank as the senior lender in the bankruptcy cases of Erin Energy Corporation.
- Representation of NextEra Energy Marketing as a hedge counterparty in the bankruptcy cases of Gastar Exploration.
- Representation of the Fee Examiner in the bankruptcy cases of Seadrill Limited and iHeartMedia, Inc.
- Representation of Macquarie Bank as a swap counterparty and letter of credit issuer in the bankruptcy cases of Rex Energy.
- Representation of the administrative agent in a senior $2 billion borrowing base facility.
- Representation of Landry’s Inc. in its purchaser of Joe’s Crab Shack and Brick House Tavern + Tap in the bankruptcy cases of Ignite Restaurant Group.
- Representation of debtors in the bankruptcy cases of Erickson, Global Aviation, Goldking, Houston Regional Sports Network, think3.
- Representations of senior lenders, including DIP lenders and petitioning creditors, in the bankruptcy cases of Breitburn Energy, CCNG Energy, Chaparral, Linn Energy, Mississippi Phosphates, Paragon Offshore, Ryckman Creek Resources, South Edge, Trinity Coal.
- Representation of purchasers in the bankruptcy cases of The Banning Lewis Ranch Company, Compressus, Ensequence, Hipcricket, Wave Systems.
- Representations of parties in out-of-court workouts, including related to borrowers or assets in Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
- Board Member for the Houston Chapter of Turnaround Management Association
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Texas
- The Honorable Arthur L. Moller/David B. Foltz, Jr. American Inn of Court
- “Commercial and Chapter 11 Issues and Developments,” speaker at 24th Annual Bankruptcy Law Seminar at LSU Law Center, November 9, 2018.
- “Hot Topics Affecting Creditors in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Cases,” speaker at Southern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, May 10, 2018.
- “Oil and Gas Bankruptcy Issues,” speaker at AAPL Texas Land Institute, September 26, 2016.
- “Troubles in the Oil Patch, a Review of Oil and Gas Bankruptcy and Insolvency Issues,” speaker at the Petroleum Equipment & Services Association, September 22, 2016.
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2010
B.S., Political Science, University of Houston, 2006
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Haynes and Boone, LLP is proud to announce the promotion of 13 lawyers to its partnership ranks. This partnership class is the most diverse in the firm’s history. Effective Jan. 1, the new partners are Raquel Alvarenga, Robert Bruner, Jamie Carter, Matt Costello, Tiffany Ferris, Maria Hopper, Mini Kapoor, Jennifer Kreick, Kim Mai, Kinne Manente, Arsalan Muhammad, Courtney Smith, and Alan Wang. [...]