Diego Sánchez is a partner in the International Practice Group in Haynes Boone’s Mexico City office.
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, banking and structured finance matters, including cross-border transactions.
- Advised Finest Resorts in the acquisition of land in Puerto Morelos, Mexico, from Transat AT Inc.
- Advised Stark Corporation in the acquisition of Leoni AG.
- Advised H.I.G. Capital in its investment in 3Pillar Global.
- Advised Grupo Vimar in its joint venture with Promecap in Aircrete México, S.A.P.I. de C.V., a leading company that produces Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC).
- Advised Grupo Pantaleon in the acquisition of Ingenio Pánuco, S.A. de C.V. and Ingenio el Mante, S.A. de C.V.
- Advised Blue Torch Finance LLC in the acquisition of Bank of America's credit rights with Celadon Group Inc., to thereafter advise Blue Torch in the sale of Celadon's business in Mexico to Jaguar Transportation Inc. (an affiliate of General Management Co.).
- Advised ALS Global in the acquisition of Laboratorios de Control ARJ, S.A. de C.V., the largest private pharmaceutical testing laboratory in Latin America.
- Advised Credit Suisse and Punto Casa de Bolsa as lead underwriters in the MXN 9.43 billion IPO known as Fibra Educa.
- Advised MGG Capital Partners, as lender, in a cross-border credit facility to Dolphin Discovery, S.A. de C.V., including the execution of a security trust with animals as collateral.
- Advised APP Coatzacoalcos Villahermosa, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (a subsidiary of Mota Engil) in a MXN 1.95 billion securitization of collection rights stemming from a public-private partnership services agreement for the rehabilitation, conservation and maintenance of the Coatzacoalcos – Villahermosa highway, a 10-year project awarded to APP by the Ministry of Communications and Transports.
- Advised Carza in the structuring and placement of its first CKD fund focused on residential real estate for an aggregate amount of MXN 2.47 billion.
- Advised Axis Asset Management in connection with a dispute among the shareholders of Integradora de Servicios Petroleros Oro Negro, an integrated and diversified Mexican oil field services company with more than US 2 billion dollars in assets, concluding with a non-hostile buyout by Axis and a group of private investors.
- Advised Punto Casa de Bolsa as lead underwriter in the MXN 1.57 billion IPO of Némesis Capital known as Fibra Plus.
- Advised Acciones y Valores Banamex as lead underwriter in the placement of Prudential’s second CKD fund for an aggregate amount of MXN 4.42 billion.
Some of these representations were handled by Diego prior to joining Haynes and Boone.
- Assistant Professor of Finance and Capital Markets courses in the Universidad Iberoamericana, A.C.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in Mexico, Woodward/White, Inc., in Banking and Finance and M&A, 2020-2022
- Recognized in The Legal 500 Latin America as a “Next Generation Partner,” 2021
LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2012
Fellow, Southern University Law Center, 2009
J.D., Universidad Iberoamericana, 2008
Haynes and Boone, LLP is delighted to welcome Partner Diego Sanchez to the firm’s Mexico City office. Joining from Baker McKenzie, Diego has led numerous high-profile mergers, acquisitions transactions and private equity matters. In more than 15 years of practice in Mexican and U.S. prestige law firms, Diego works in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, capital markets, banking and structured [...]