Laura Shapiro is an associate in the Finance Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. She represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of commercial and corporate financial transactions. Her practice focuses on assisting clients with acquisition financing, real estate secured facilities, syndicated credit facilities, and subscription secured finance. Her experience also includes representations in energy and restructuring matters.
Outside of work, Laura is a member of the Real Estate Council Young Guns, the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers. Laura was a member of the Social Venture Partners Dana Juett Residency Class of 2019. She continues to be involved with Social Venture Partners Dallas as a member of their partner network.
- Represented Blucora, Inc. in securing a $175,000,000 incremental term loan to finance the acquisition of HK Financial Services, a CPA-focused, captive registered investment advisor.
- Represented public insurance agency in the amendment and restatement of a $105mm syndicated credit facility.
- Represented Landry’s, Inc. and its subsidiaries in a $300 million increase to the existing term facility and a $30 million increase to the existing revolving facility in connection with the acquisition, and joinder to the facilities, of the Del Frisco Restaurant Group.
- Assisted with the representation of agent bank in the documentation and closing of acquisition financing collateralized by real and personal property.
- Represented agent bank in connection with senior secured revolving loan secured by multi-jurisdictional oil and gas properties and assets.
- Assisted lead agent in amending and restating $500 million worth of revolving credit facilities to an investment grade insurance company and its affiliates.
- Represented various borrowers in numerous secured and unsecured working capital lines of credit, senior and subordinated financings, and real estate financings.
B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2014, summa cum laude
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2017, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Hatton W. Sumners Scholar, SMU Law Review, Staff Editor
Judicial Extern to the Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn, U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of Texas, 2015
A Haynes and Boone, LLP team lead by Partner Tom Harris represented Brookshire Grocery Co. (BGC) in its acquisition of Reasor’s LLC’s 17 grocery stores in Oklahoma. The transaction was completed Jan. 25, 2022. With the acquisition, BGC now has more than 200 stores with close to 20,000 employee-partners serving Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma. “We are excited for the opportunity to wor [...]