Omar Shariff is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in Haynes Boone's Houston office.
His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments. He has experience in domestic and international acquisitions, divestitures, securities transactions, corporate restructurings and other complex business transactions.
- Represented Midcoast Energy in its US$1.3 billion sale of East Texas midstream business to M6 Midstream.
- Represented ArcLight Capital Partners in its US$857 million acquisition of a 25% interest in Gulf Coast Express Pipeline from Targa Resources.
- Represented Energy Capital Partners in its investment in Avolta Renewables, a newly formed joint venture by ECP and Avolta, LLC, a leading developer of renewable natural gas projects, to pursue renewable fuel projects.
- Represented Energy Capital Partners in its investment in Nacelle Logistics, a leading provider of renewable natural gas O&M and gas conditioning services.
- Represented Chevron U.S.A. in its joint venture with Talos Energy and CarbonVert, to develop the Bayou Bend CCS offshore carbon capture and sequestration hub currently held by Talos and CarbonVert.
- Represented Lime Rock Partners in connection with a strategic partnership between its portfolio company Ardyne, a leader in specialized well-decommissioning technology, and Weatherford International plc.
- Represented Capitol Peak Partners, LLC in its joint acquisition with KKR & Co. of substantially all of the assets of Borden Dairy Company.
- Represented Eastern Business Forms, a newborn screening device manufacturer, in the sale of its equity interests to Gen Cap America.
- Represented SRS Distribution, Inc. in various asset acquisition transactions.
- Represented Mahard Egg Farm, a leading egg producer in Texas and Oklahoma, in connection with the sale of its assets related to commercial shell egg production and processing to Cal-Maine Foods.
- Represented an industry leading home healthcare and hospice service provider in connection with the sale of all of its stock.
- Represented FleetPride, Inc. in connection with the sale of its brake shoe friction lining and relining business.
- Represented buyer in connection with its purchase of substantially all of the assets of a private golf club located in Reno, Nevada.
- Represented a movie exhibitor through an organizational restructuring and a subsequent minority sale of its equity interests.
- Represented Trive Capital in its purchase of SSW Holding Company, Inc., a leading engineered products manufacturer supplying a broad product portfolio for the residential/commercial appliance, residential/commercial HVAC, and other industrial segments.
- Represented FleetPride, Inc., the largest provider of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S., in the purchase of 100 percent of the stock of Truck Parts & Equipment, Inc.
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2017, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, SMU Law Review Association
B.A., Government and Economics, The University of Texas at Austin, 2013