Michael (“Mike”) Tobin is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Mike assists clients in building patent portfolios through preparation and prosecution of high quality patent applications.
He focuses on innovations in the chemical arts and related fields. His experience covers wide-ranging technologies, including polymers, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, catalysts, oil and gas, batteries, rubbers, inks, alloys, adhesives, cosmetics, medical devices, spark plugs, LEDs, and semiconductor devices. Mike’s practice also includes inter partes reviews before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, design patent applications, and general IP counseling.
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2021-2023
- Included in the "Ones to Watch" category of The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2022-2023
- “The Essential Case Law Guide to PTAB Trials,” co-author, American Bar Association Section on Intellectual Property Law, 2018.
- “Invalidating Patent Claims Under Reasonable Certainty Standard,” co-author, Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, Volume 28 (12), 9-14, 2016.
- “Supreme Court to Review Barriers for Willful Infringement,” co-author, Financier Worldwide, January 2016.
J.D., George Mason University School of Law, 2014
B.A., Chemistry and Mathematics, University of Virginia, 2011
District of Columbia
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Seventy-five Haynes and Boone, LLP lawyers are included in the 2022 Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” directory this month. The Ones to Watch distinction is given to attorneys early in their careers in recognition of their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the U.S. Nominated by peers in the industry, Ones to Watch recipients have been in practice for five to nine years. The fol [...]